Wanted Boss TU12 Tuner

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, May 10, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hi,
    My pedal board is almost complete except for a Tuner and a couple of ABY Switches. I will be making my own ABY Switch in some time. The only thing left is a good tuner. I am looking for Boss TU12 Tuner, which I can fit in my pedal board. It's cost is about $69 in the US. In Bangalore it costs Rs.5500 and I couldn't justify that cost and neither could I afford at this point of time. So could please tell me if it's available in other cities and for how much. If I can get all the details and also a reasonable deal, then I can order even if it's from other cities.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

there was one at the local cashgenerator (a sort of a used electronics franchise) ... i remember it was tagged at 11GBP ... thats umm 1000 or so rupees? .. but its sold now ... a new tu12 is 99GBP here in uk ..

3. ronnieanand

Hey,
    I want it in India. There's no way, that I am going to order from outside India now. I have nobody to bring it for me.

4. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

i say buy a tu2 and be happy. it'll never let you down. tu12 might be cool but im my opinion the tu2 is really much more practical. are you the same ronnieanand (the gear collector) from gigpad?

5. ronnieanand

Oooopppsss, you guys have named me the Notorious Gear Collector. I just wanted to get a decent sound, so I experimented with a couple of pedals. Is that you Ankur, by the way.

6. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

haha...who said notorious...the name's abhimanyu...red in the head from gigpad.
    what amp do you use? a lot of your sound depends on your amp.

7. ronnieanand

I use a Marshall MG15CD. It isn't great that pretty decent for the price. I agree that amp matters. But the processors distortion are not very clean. The notes aren't really clean. I like playing Barre Chords with an overdrive which give a kind of ringing sound of all notes. The processor isn't much responsive to playing either. I like something that sound like a mild overdrive when you play soft that you can even arpeggiate with and strum hard to a get a crunchy overdrive. Even many pedals aren't that responsive. I have somehow managed to get some great pedals which are nicely responsive and also has great clarity. In these cases, amps dont matter much. Just the distortion. I am not chasing an artists tone. I have my own requirements which I look for.

8. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

mr ronnie. just my two cents here. stay away from the indian marshalls. get a stranger.
    they're much more responsive to processors. plus they've got two or three inputs as far as i remember.

9. ronnieanand

I know that Indian Marshalls are pretty bad. But the strangers are really bad. I am not sure if you have played on one. Even the speakers are very bad. I have checked the stranger right from 20W to 100W and I didn't like them at all. My plan is make a 50W / 100W Tube Amp / Solid State Amp Head by myself and get a pair of 12 Inch Celestion Speakers and make a cabinet locally. It's not in the immediate present but maybe within a year's time, I should have made my own Tube Amp Head.

10. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

thats a nice idea ronnie
    good luck with that.
    have a good one.

11. ronnieanand

Any Bombay Guys. Could you please tell me how much is it sold for in Bombay.

12. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

hey post the pic of ur pedal borad ronnie,i would like to see the rockstar like pedal boards!!!

13. ronnieanand

Then go see the pedal board of a Rockstar.

14. rust_in_pain

Where should i go?

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Did somebody say that my stranger is better than the marshall...
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    buddy...come to my house and check out my stranger....hehe, it does live up to its name.

16. rust_in_pain

so wat do u mean to say?
    stranger=good or bad?

17. ronnieanand

Even a good guy playing on it will sound like a stranger living upto it's name. I recently checked out a local Indian make called BOSS. It kicks ass. I am planning to sell my Marshall and get a BOSS.

18. rust_in_pain

can u tell me the specifics of boss?i mean the watts n price only.

19. ronnieanand

Boss 100W Amp with 3 channel was Rs.3500. It doesn't have any distortion inbuilt. It's basically a PA amp. I dont really suggest this amp as I am not sure how it'd be for guitar. The 100W 1x12 speaker cabinet was Rs.1650 and it really kicks ass. Highly recommended. I will be getting one soon.

20. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

btw - boss is a really cheap imitation of bose - i jsut checked out soem stuff that i realsied i had of it - its circuittry is really bad - tis like a 12th standard electronics project...

i dont know how u like it so muhc. maybe the speakers are better - i have a boss mixer.

for whover is unclear on this - STRANGER SUX!!

IT SUX MORE THAN A THIRSTY SLUTTY ****STAR!!!!!!

thers nothin worse than a stranger other than 2 strangers!!!