want to buy an i pod !

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, Jan 4, 2006.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

this is going to be the first time i am gonna invest on this , pls guys suggest the best model and prices !!!

also let me know abt the diff attachments to it ...

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

shaks is the right person to reply to ur querry he just bought one n he even created a thread abt it

just browse for it

am lazy right now or else would have given u the link ;)

3. go 4 ipod nano or mini :)

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I think you should go for iPod Nano it has 4 GB storage with a healthy battery life. Though it scratches easily, you can always laminate the iPod. iPod Nano would cost you around 10 to 13k.

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

do they still sell minis?? :think: :think:
    cause i heard they stopped manufacturing them.
    NANO 4GB!

and don't put it in ya pocket when ur runnin
    its really delicate. ;)

UJ! :nw:

6. shak

shak Harrr!

now you can only get an ipod nano, shuffle or video .. from the apple store that is .. cuz mini, 1g,2g,3g,4g, colour, u2 etc have all gone out of production...
    i dont know what you are looking for .. but as far as i am concerned, size matters alot .. thats why i went for the ipod nano ..
    its a flash memory based mp3 player, meaning that you dont have to worry about blowing the hard disk up .. but then it comes with a limited memory ... that is 4gb max, however .. i think it should be enuff ... i own a 2gb nano .. and it works fine for me .. i have got all my fac songs on it .. including audiobooks and podcasts.
    now the ipod video is good as well .. but first its too big!! .. second dont think you will actually be able to watch full length movies on it .. on the move ... cuz the battery life on video pod is very poor ... it wont last for more than an hour with backlight on ..
    besides you will be inviting bums to come and mug you off your ipod .. if you go out on streets watchin a music video, you and your ipod all lit up like a christmas tree ..

as far as scratches and the fargility of nano is concerned .. well i havent had any problems with my nano yet .. and tell you what .. if you actually do go out and get yourself one .. it comes with a thin transparent vinyl film stuck to it ... leave it on .. it will protect your nano till you get yourself a cover or something ..

dont get it from uk or europe .. cuz here its like 139 pounds for nano 2gb 179 pounds for nano 4gb 209 for ipod video ...

get it from japan or usa ..

and yeah ... if you get a nano .. dont worry .. it can play videos as well .. you just need to runb linux on it .. i have my nano playing videos ..

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

The question is how much music do you have now and how much would you have in the future. I have about 15 GB of music that i listen to now and see it going to something like 30-40 GB in a year's time. And i pods for those are astronomically expensive :cry1:

8. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

I have an Ipod video 30 gb. I liked the video feature of the ipod and more over I always wanted to keep my whole music compilation with me so I opted for 30 gb. Ipod when playing movies can live upto 2 hrs after a full charge. Atleast for now it is reasonable. Surprisingly the ipod video is lot smaller than it looks. Nano is very small as compared but ipod is no big stone to make u tired. The screen size (2.5 inch as compared to 1.5 inch) is another adv u get. Love its resolution.

What made me buy ipod as against ipod nano?
    Memory size 30 gb vs 4 gb
    Cost $249 for 4 gb and $299 for 30gb
    screen size 1.5 inch diag nano vs 2.5 inch ipod
    resolution 176*132 nano vs 320*180 ipod
    ability to play video on ipod without any mod
    if you want video u cannot get away with just 4 gb u need more than that.
    My vote goes to Ipod video.

get the 50$ extended warranty I think ipod battery after 1 yr will definitely be dead if you use it regularly.

9. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I bought an ipod nano 2 gig for christmas for myself. Would have bought a 4 gig one but the stores were out of stock.

Depending on what you need your ipod for, tehre are different options. If you want a huge storage device than there are 60 gig ones available. If you want for daily use, then nano rules since its very compact.