want to buy a decent processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chill_guitarist, Dec 23, 2005.

1. chill_guitarist

chill_guitarist New Member

hey guys ,
    I have just joint this site.i am playing for bit more than 1 year now just got a yamaha pacifica 012.i want to go in for a processor now my budget is around 8k.
    there is no fixed type of music i play.mostly nirvana,deep purple,pinkfloid.audioslave,LP......mostly rock.
    pls let me know.i would like a processor which has a variety of effects which are great for playing lead and decent rythms.a good wah would really help.so i guess a expression pedal is required.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. Scroll down to the end of the page
    2. You will find some similar threads

Now regarding the fact that you have fixed your budget @ 8000 you have these popular options (which others will definitly add to):
    1. Zoom 707
    2. Zoom GFX3
    3. Toneworks AX10G
    4. Digitech RP200A

And now, Even I am confused.

3. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

well....near 8k..u can get Rp200a...i have it and trust me..it rocks

4. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

GFX-3 or the toneworks processor would be good choices.

5. chill_guitarist

hey guys
    Thanks for the quick reply.rp200a is the one that i was thingking to go for as my friend has it and it is pretty good.it is cost around 8800rs.but i dont know much about the other models mentioned here are they in any way better than the rp200A if so let me know.
    they seem the same when u read about it.
    Is the expression pedal good in the rp200A and also does it have good effects for playing lead and have better sound quality ascompared to others.
    whats the difference between the rp200A and rp300A.

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

zoom's good man.really good i bought 505II last month.used it in two inter school competitions.it rocks.now 8k's really good go for something good.but try it before u buy it.

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I'd go for the rp 200 as well..

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey Chill,

if possible then play thru each of these processors (u will come to know about the sound and quality)
    Play around with their preset patches (so that u will realise which one is easy to edit/tweak)

Then decide

9. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Alpha 1.. What woudl be your preference?

10. chill_guitarist

Ok so thats what i will be doing.mostly i will be going for digitech rp200A.if any one has any more opnions let me know.I can also wait and go for the rp300A.is it wort the extra cash its 3k to 4k more.whats extra in it.

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hey ppl waht about zoom g2 or g2.1u?
    :think:

12. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

DONT FORGET ZOOM 707II I HAV IT ITS smokkin !!! gud !!!

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I'm pretty sure it'll be better than most pedals at that cost. I models amps like the peavey 5150, marshall JCM800, Vox AC30, Roland Jazz chorus, Mesa boogie mark III,Fender Tweed Delux '53 and a Twin reverb and pedals like Boss MT-2,OD-1, Fuzz Face,Marshall Guv'nor Overdrive Pedal,MATCHLESS Hot Box and couple of zoom's own pedals.

14. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Yup your right the new zoom models kick ass. Worth the price!!

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ All those amp models are there in Boss too...

Anyways G1 is supposed to be really good.. HC reviews..

16. chintan9

dude why the hell do you go by the reviews on Harmony Central??? Complete noobs post those reviews. I suggest you look for Comparisons or articles by the editors and writers for Guitar Magazines. They are little more informed!!!

17. chill_guitarist

is the digitech rp300A better than the rp 200A.if so in what way.is it worth the extra 3K to 4K.

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintan : Only n00b's can tell best about the Customer Service and stufff\..

I've read other sites as well.. G1 and G2 are good...

19. chintan9

Dude noobs are usually first time buyers who have absolutely no experience in relatino to customer service and stuff. You need a seasoned buyer who can tell you for sure if the service offered is upto the mark or not. U get my point dont you.

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Umm..are all reviews at HC by noobs?...There are quite a few ppl claiming to be 20+ years pros out there...and there are noobs too..they mention it in the review..assuming they arent lying, there is a fairly equal no of noobs and experienced ppl ..