Want a Complete Guitar Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by taquila, Jun 23, 2005.

?

Do you want a complete guitar tutorial in IGT?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2005.
  1. Yes only if it can balance between theory and practice

71.4%
  2. Yes only if it has enough tabs and chords and few theory

28.6%
  3. No, I don't think that's required here. We get enough theory from our music teacher.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, because, I think that will be a wastage of space.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. taquila

taquila New Member

A COMPLETE GUITAR LESSON

Hi All,

I am here with a different kind of idea. I have been in IGT for a long period. With in this time I have seen IGT to evolve a lot. I have been immensely helped by this site and sometimes I have also taken the plesure to stretch my helping hand to others here. This way IGT have played a role of a teacher in my music career.

But one thing that I really feel lack of here, is a complete guitar tutorial in this site. By a complete guitar tutorial I mean a complete work which should teach people right from the beginning of how to hold a guitar to the lessons of music theory. One by one, slowly, thoroughly and properly.

I want to start such a complete guitar tutorial in this site

As for my credentials, well I am also a learner and I have only six years of experience with guitar. I had two teachers Mr. Koushik Mukherjee and Mr. Amit Dutta both are famous in my city. In fact I want to put here all the lessons my teachers have given me so far (with their permissions, offcourse) with more or less practical approach. By practical approach, I mean while giving lessons, I don't want to stick to the theory of music only, I want to illustrate everything with examples from practical world, like say from Bollywood songs, english songs etc. So when I talk about Arpeggios, I must site an example from a bollywood song. When I talk about chromatic scale, i should show one or two examples with full tab. This is the way I want to put it all.

I have already started doing work on my project and that's why I know, it's all going to be very volumnous. So it's also a problem how I can put all these things in a message board based website. I think if I could have a sub-forum for it.. but I know that's too much to expect right now!

Also I can not put here the hundreds of pages of tutorial all in one. I think I will post tutorial in a regular time gap of 5 or 7 days until I complete.

So, I was looking for your opinion about this. I want to know from all the IGTians if they really need such a thing and I also want to know from our admin or moderator about his opinion regarding this.

Please let me know of what u think. ;)

2. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

Yes we really need something like that.Most of us indian guitar players dont bother to learn theories.So this needs to change.And a comprehensive theory accumulated in one thread would be quite helpful.
    And i believe there should be more theory and less tabs and chords.

taquila:Dont bother about the others...just do it...you will have showers of blessings from the heaven!!

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

true ...
    no need for poll ... y shud u ask for approval while doing something gud?

4. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

That will be awesome man...just do it...

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

sounds like a great idea......why not?

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

k gud idea

can other ppl contribute 2 ?

7. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

man u get wat i had in ma mind
    i wanted such a thing since i picked up guitar

i can give u all the points i have for this gr8 help
    here u get gud reps as advance

PS:don't think i'm being commercial but u kno this is the trend

8. taquila

taquila New Member

Happy to hear from you

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I will send the first part of my tutorial on next SUNDAY in the "Guitar lessons, Tutorials and Tips" forum (https://indianguitartabs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

I am overwhelmed with all your replies. But I have to make one point clear here. My tutorial will certainly contain theory.

A lot of theory.

But NOT ONLY theory.

I will show you the application of those theories with indian songs and in indian musical context, so that you are never bored of these theory and u understand the practical application of musical theory more clearly.

But I would really want to hear from you again regarding this. So please keep in touch.
    I would also like to hear from the admin about this issue.

9. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

hey nice stuff.....i guess if da mods and lord lik it u can ask em to mak ur thread as Sticky...

10. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

man u r doin a gr8 job go on all of us are supporting u
    but if u can include more of practical it wud surely be better
    thanking u already!!!

11. DRBILLA

DRBILLA New Member

man a great job keep it continue

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

yes..forum might not be feasible..but sticky thread would be a better idea..for makin a sticky thread u need to spend sum points,i believe..

ask me..and iL donate u some!!..im very impressed wid ur concern, positivity and enthu..man!! way to go! :)

tahda!!

13. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Great Idea. We will be waiting for your tutorial once approved we will make it sticky.

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

when should we expect this to materialize??

tahda!!

15. taquila

taquila New Member

16. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

good work...........................

17. Prem Sharabo

Prem Sharabo New Member

Comprehensive Guitar Tutorial

Dear Taquila:
    What happened? Why did you stop posting lessons? We are waiting here disappointingly.....PLEASE CONTINUE

Prem Sharabo

18. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

what happened to those supposedly great tuitions in guitar??