WAnna play in rock band help me !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Mudit Malhotra, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

well guys its a quite long time i m playin guitar
    now i seriously wanna play with a band ,,, i wanna do something now its a real high time but now i seriously wanna proceed somewhere........ please guide wat should i do ,,,,,,,, plz help me :help: :help:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Practice till you get better. Much better.

Get in touch with the music scene in your city. See what is popular and decide what style you want to play.

Hold jam sessions regularly....preferrably with a drummer as well.

Stop visiting IGT. There is no advice anyone here can give you that you wouldn't get otherwise....learning on the internet is a slow process. Hunting for tabs on the internet is actually detrimental to your musical ear. Spend that extra time hanging out with real people with real talent and hope that it rubs off on you and be more self-reliant. Get into music theory so you can eventually answer your own questions to a large extent.

Mudit Malhotra likes this.
  3. Mudit Malhotra

well bjr wat all u said is hard but truth but bro i dont hav ne contacts with ne band member ,,,, i hav learned guitar on net itself,,, now i hav played in many competetions i mean solo singing ,,, but man this is not wat i want ,,,,, will hav to search for real playerss

4. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

check with the other people ..see if u have neone frm this field in ur area...u mite get one....i was lucky....to start of like this...try tht..u mite be too...and ya see the taste as bjr said..thats important.....

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

And do not forget to post your performence in IGT soundtrack!!!! It's a reallyyyyy Useful place (It helped me to join a band)

6. abhimanjrekar

but never post the videos of ur gig......hardly peeps see..hehe....experience speaks here...

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

"peeps" are hardly to blame...what is the point in posting videos especially if they're not very instructive?

Stop self-promotion. Fight inflated egos.

8. abhimanjrekar

^^ thx for tht...i used to feel till date that soundtrack forum is not for instructive purpose...good u cleared that..frm now on ther wont be vids...and ye no EGOS in here dude since u mentioned it....jus liked to share my music and videos tht i had..didnt intend to SELF PROMOTE anything ......neways good tht u cleared the point....aw was so dumb ..din knew tht ..thx again...

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Just out of curiousity....are you trying to be sarcastic, zhol-man?

The soundtrack forum is a joke. The ego and self-promotion dig wasn't aimed at you though you'd do well to remember the primary purpose of picking up the guitar.

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@mudit

there are many people over here from delhi....ask them and get in touch!
    come over for the igt delhi meet..whenever it happens :p:

one more suggestion..it might sound stupid but..join some guitar institute for sometime..u can find zillions over there just like u waiting to form a band...if u think it can be helpful..ping me..iL lead u further!

11. abhimanjrekar

in tht case...fine..peace dude...i thought it was...:mad: ..neways nothin now..:beer:

12. Mudit Malhotra

@dd ya didi but u kno i dont hav tiime n that curses me a lot

padhai padhai aur padhai
    not time for gig to lass kaise karu
    :(

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

padhai padhai aur padhai?

then how will u form a band? u need to have some time at hand first..classes>> the institute i went to had 1 hour class once in a week..so?

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Mudit, get your arse onto forums like Gigpad (unfortunately its not working),
    RSJ etc, where you might find more serious ppl keen on playing music.

As BJR correctly implied: Hanging on to IGT (or its meets) is not goign to help

perfect example: https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=20772

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

1) read this post before it gets edited

2) post a classified on RSJonline, lots of Delhiites there.