wanna buy new gear pls help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cooldude3194, Feb 10, 2006.

1. gogol

gogol New Member

Please don't take me otherwise!!!

cooldude, please don't take me otherwise....But you sound like a child...

You said you are a beginner.... right? I've been playing guitar for 2 and a half years now... I know I am still young... but I'd definitely be honest with you... Guitar is definitely about the style... But style does not come first... First comes skill... Improve your skills with an accaustic guitar... then switch to electric...

I think you are fascinated by the kewl looks of those rock stars but tell you what.... they don't look so much rocking because they use 2M dollar guitars...but because they've given their souls to the music...

Les Paul looks good... I agree... But it sounds BETTER!!!

I might sound really bad to you.... and you are perhaps fired at me... but tell you what, you are gonna throw away that 30k guitar after a month or two when you find out that its equally hard to play as a 3k accaustic!!!

I didn't tell you these cause I can't afford a 30k guitar... but I told you these cause these might help you be a good guitarist one day...

If it sounds too hursh.... Dump it...hehe

Bye,
    Ankur(gogol)

2. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

hey ankur thnx for the advice everyone has his opinion i dont mind it at all
    ill give a thoght to it
    but let me tell you i also play guitar 4-5 hours daily
    i like to play hard things
    i started playing barre chords in my 1st month only
    i never played an electric all my life and want to play one
    so i was thinking that when i am buyin one i should go for a good one

3. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

i just came to know that the gibson les paul starts at around 1500 $
    thts to much for a newbie pls suggest some other guitar i think the ibanez 470 is good

4. gogol

gogol New Member

Nice

Its really nice to know that you play 4-5 hours a day... thats great! Thanks for not taking it otherwise... Sure you'll be a good guitarist some day.

Bye,
    Ankur(gogol)

5. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

no prob bro

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

You have been playing for just three monts and you are getting 30k guitar?

Just inform me when you are giving it away

7. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

i love playing guitar why will i give it away

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Coold00d, cool down.

Man investing 30K on guitar at intial stage is just rushing to things.

You may be very enthusiastic, may be very proficient, but you never know when all those thigns may go away.
    Its been just three months. All Ppl initially have lotsa josh.

If this josh continues for one year without any break. Then I would say by all means buy you favorite electric guitar which may cost 30 or 50K.

9. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

ok guys so u all think i should buy a guitar right now????????????????

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Since you are investing such a lot of money into this, I suggest you do some serious reasearch before buyin...Guitars and associated equipment (amps, pedals etc) are things where personal preference matters a lot. A lot of these things are very subjective, what one person likes may not be what you like. Try reading up on equipment... Harmony Central (www.harmony-central.com) is a great website containg reviews of a lot of equipment. Use this and the manufacturers website to get an idea of the ups and downs of the stuff you are going to buy.

I dont believe in buying a crappy guitar first and then later buyin a good one... If youre sure you are goin to stick with playni the guitar, then go ahead and buy the best you can afford.

Considering your budget.. you could try the

Epiphone Toni Iommi Signature
    Ibanez RG1570
    Fender Stratocaster (MIM)

However things dont end with the guitar alone.. you also need pedals/processors, amps etc. If you want more info on this, ask away.

11. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

hey doubleclick thnx man i also believe that buying a good guitar is a better option my budget is around 45k so i said a 30k guitar and 10-15k for other stuff and i am dam sure ill play guitar for the rest of my life well it is my life

12. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

but doubleclick the guitars u mentioned are for 500$ thats around 23k inr

13. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

hey cooldood,
    man evn iv been playin for jst 6-7 mnths and im still playing d accoustic.aftr d 1st mnth of learning i ws dying 2 buy an electric bt i dint hv d money.nw im glad tht 1 dint hv cash at tht time coz nw i no more about electric guitars than i new b4:think: as iv done a lot of research on thm.igt members helpd a lot,im really thnkful 2 all of 'em:beer: .i also went 2 a couple of guit shops 2 try out guitrs,searchd d net for info!!i now feel tht now im really ready for the electric(yes..my time's here FINALLY).i feel tht u mite b rushing in2 things(i mite b wrng also).try out sum guitars at a nearby music shop.
    i think 30k is a bit 2 much for a beginner..but hey its yr call man!jst giv a lot of thought about which 1 to buy..ask any1 here at igt..selecting your guitar(specially yr first electric) is not easy dude.its a pain in d rear(though evry1 luvs it..;) )its nt as easy as u think..
    and im jst expressing my views .dnt take me wrong..:grin:

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Yes those guitars are in the 20K price range. If you want a good pedal + amp setup, 10-15k is not going to cut it...I dont know much about pedals and amps...you could try askin the gearheads around here like ronnie and abhijith for advice on all that.

15. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

ok thnx guys for some help ill definatly try out some at a nearby shop and see how it fells and pls tell me abouts pedals too thnx