Waking up the neighbours

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, Sep 11, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i got an extension cord for my guitar...and now that i could stand behind a wall and cut down all the feedback.. i wanted to try all 240 W of my amps..my system......the one i use as my amps....and its pretty loud ok...was playin sweet child of mine....so i stopped after a while....and from acrooss the street...actually a garden.i hear the guy in the next building playing......i presume he heard me..coz he neever plays that loud.........and we were jammin across a good 60-70 ft then he played the intro of nothing else matters...screwd up a bit.... and i was happy to correct him...any how then my neighbour knocks on my door askin me too turn the vol down.....has this happened to any of u....
    BTW what r the zoning laws abt this.can i be persecuted for playing to loud

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

don't know about in india but in england if you play too loud at the wrong time of the day its illegal.

loudest i've ever played is in a studio and that was only twice otherwise its quietly strumming amp free or putting on the headphones.

3. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

in thew states , if any neighbor or even a passerby calls the cops about your music .... you're done for ..... i'd say play as loud as you want .. USE HEADPHONES ... lol ... use the BASEMENT dude ..... if you got one .....

If you're in india ..... Well ..... as long as your neighbors are not connected to some NETA .... go ahead .... n have fun ... while truly .. WAKIN up the neighbours ...
    tc man ....n happy playing....

4. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

houses are too close together here so i keep quiet during the night, but during the day i let all hell break loose and end up giving myself a head ache with all the noise....

5. skaw

skaw snooze

lolz ... crazy doc... do it ! ... :p i did it but not on full volume n not through an amp... i hooked it up the gutiar to amp and then amp to a stero system and then ... as loud as my ears culd take ... (it was in pakistan .. nevr done it here) ... dun really annoy sum1 but do have ur fun ...

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I live in a hostel..no such probs here....many ppl do it...but i have an acoustic..no amps...so atleast my neighbours are spared :p :p

7. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

Dr saurabh give me the intro lead of sweet child o` mine...............
    Give me the link if its already in IGT.

cOoL iS :rule:

8. tejas

tejas ..........

@Cool - click here

And if you want to request for the tabs of any song, use the other forum made for that.

9. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey guys , this is one more reason that i am in nigeria ,... they didnt allowed me to stay any longer ,...

i have a house here and no body bothers so i can play as loud as i want , more over ppl here like everything and anything for FREEEEEE , so they have my music why shd they bother , they are very different then indians ,...

10. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

no basement here :(

11. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

come on put the distortion on and start playing full volume. neighbours will understand.

12. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

wakin up the neighbours. .. play loud and louder. .. leave alone the neighbours .. . afterwards say u did'nt hear them knock. .

13. bob-bobby

ha ha abhay , u know the exitement bulids when someone is listening and when you are alone playing in your house and ur mom and dad and sis and bro all stuffin cottons in their ears and sleeping out of fear !!!!!

someone has to do the honours or rather justice to our music !!! and as said love thy neighbours ,.....

14. abhay_saxena

yeah love thy neighbours and play music for them , i'm in my hostel so no moms and dads to stuff their ears ... but whenever i play someone is listening but it does'nt matter if somebodsy is listening , i love it best when no one is listening ,, ,thats the time i like best

15. bob-bobby

yeah me too like it the best when no ones listening , atleast no one to tell when we miss a note ;)

16. abhay_saxena

yeah thats a different matter , but loneliness brings out the best in a musician

17. bob-bobby

and the devil inside you ,....

18. abhay_saxena

he he he bob. ..i'm not that much of a devil as u think. .. i can play good though no one's told me that. . ever

19. bob-bobby

yeah sure , have seen your pic , cant see any draculla teeths or horns , maybe ur nieghbours can see , ,,....

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I too feel the same..I play the best when left alone..