Video Making & Editing

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by zohaib, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

Hello IGTians
    i would like to knwo about video making and editing
    like what softwares and other requirments
    share anything about vdo making

2. shak

shak Harrr!

use miniDV format for the video recording, do not let the sound levels fall below -12db make sure what format you want, PAL or NTSC! make sure you know what aspect ration you want 4:3 or 16:9

for editing ..
    make sure you have large hard disk .. you might need over 120Gb, 200+ ishould be ok .. use mac G5 if possible, it comes with the software you need, final cut pro is excelent for graphics and editing ..

most of all .. make sure you have plenty of time!!!

3. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Ok man......for recording there's this great software virtualvcr which records in realtime AVI format. So u get great quality videos. Try it out, ul most prob like it. The only drawback is it stores in multiples of MBs so u need lotta space for that. If u've got it no probs, otherwise u could do a bit of advanced stuff like installing codecs which compress the video streaming to smaller packets. Results is ul get an almost exact copy of the original.
    To compress videos, i always prefer drdivx, best for compression & restores the actual frame rate. Other softwares include 3gp video converter, imtoo, #1 video converter and many more which compresses variuos files into variuos file types, like mpeg to avi or asf or wmv or vice versa.
    For advanced editing best and simple utilities in virtualdub for big time avi editing & tmpeg or tsunami mpeg for MPEG, mpg converting & small time editing.
    If you want the entire tools in one software DL adobe premiere, if u can buy it, good, otherwise u need to crack those huge files which aint the easiest job around.
    Site i recommend for some illegal DLs if no one minds
    directdl.com

4. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

tell me abt this miniDV format ..whats tht ?:s

5. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Tried it but dont remember wat it does..... google it..... wrong forum for technical discussion....... try videohelp.com forums..... all u need

6. pavandude

pavandude New Member

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

MIni DV is a kind of Cassatte for handycams like HI8. Mini DV is much greater than HI 8.

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

If you talk about softwares, I think, for professional editing, there is ADOBE PREMIERE PRO. For personal editing, there are several like Windows Movie maker, Ulead Video Studio etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.