urgent help.plsssssss?????

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by richa_chopra, Jul 17, 2008.

1. richa_chopra

richa_chopra New Member

hey guys . i wanted u r advice ..

i am gettn a greg bennet formuls Fa 2 for 11k whose price is 13.2k.

and an ibanez rg 321 for 15 k whose price is 15.5k .

i play soft , classical rock, some metal , blues and jazz,

so which one should i go for ???

is the sound from both of same quality .

greg b has duncan designed pups while rg 321 has di marzio designed ..

pls help me with my confusion ....

2. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

go for the greg bennete avion av3 instead....its a very versatile guiat....would suit u the best...

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

People have had good experiences with the RG321. Haven't heard much about the Bennet.

4. Gibbylespaul

Gibbylespaul New Member

Here's what you can do(which is what I would) Play both guitars with the amp you have.. and play your favourite song. See which sounds better and which feels better in your hands. Leave the brands to the ameteurs.. We all know no two guitars are the same.. and more often than not.. we are surprised by guitars which we have least expectations from..
    But if it's the brand you want to go with, your choice of music would need a telecaster, so the bennett is a better choice.. Underrated, loses out to the Fender Teles on the brand appeal...
    And one last thing.... don't you think a blues/jazz guitarist would look wee bit daft holding a metal guitar like RG ;-)

5. richa_chopra

richa_chopra New Member

actually here in my city rg 321 is not available . so if i wanna play it ,i need to order it ............

also av 3 is not at present

6. richa_chopra

richa_chopra New Member

and yes , av 3 doesnt have duncan designed pups , wheeas this one fa2 has .............

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

so would a metal guitarist holding a tele..

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Really tough one
    i'd say go for the ibanez if you play more of metal
    and go for the greg bennet if you play more of the softer ones..

But i can say this, the RG does softer genres better than the GB does metal..

9. richa_chopra

richa_chopra New Member

also this greg one has 22 frets only. while rg 321 has 24. hope this won t make much more difference for an intermediate( or say a beginner ) like me ... in playing

and also this greg benetts shape wont hamper my playing in the the last frets . pls have a look at this

https://www.gregbennettguitars.com/fa2.html

i think that for a beginner it would be wise to invest in smthinh like 11k not paying attntn to looks and after 2-3 years go in for something like les paul or givson .. wat say ????.............

tonnes of confusion............

10. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

RG321 is more versatile than the Greg Benetts FA2. I hav played Av3 and Av6 models of benetts. They are extremely sweet sounding guitars. U can call them as Poor Mans Gibson. They are versatile. And those hav duncan designed pickups too. Fa2 models are mostly used for playing Rhythm and sweet solos. U can play metal on those guitars but it just wouldnt sound right.
    RG321 with a very good amp can giv u a wide range of sound from clean to Metal.
    My pick would be RG321 over Fa2
    and Avion Av6 over RG321 ....lol...:)

11. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

no doubts the rg simply because of the wizard neck...both guitars will sound pretty sad with their stock pickups...But with a decent pickup change,the rg will be the extremely versatile..Always playability n comfort before looks and brands.

12. Gibbylespaul

Gibbylespaul New Member

More of metal heads and wannabe shredders here... hence hard to sell a telecaster in this forum :) guess you should just play them both and then listen to your heart .. i've had a tele, a fender strat , an ibanez in the past and now settled with a les paul for life. It's easier to get your blues/jazz sound with the tele, and also look the business when you play it.

13. AMITRIYAAN

AMITRIYAAN New Member

close yo eyes...jus visualise n feel wat will rock wit u .go for it then...otherwise u will be gettin hundreds o views n u wil get confuse.

14. richa_chopra

richa_chopra New Member

as i told yyou ,no one in ahmedabad has rg series . so .............
    i really liked the clean tone of both single pup and duncan hm o greg fa2
    and how about harkte 1o rms amp = 2300 RS for practising at home . i dont have to stage shows .???????????or does marshall still rules...................

15. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Roland MIcrocube with COSM effects rulezzzz....The best practice Amp around with effects such as Flanger, Phaser, Tremelo, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Clean.

16. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Go with the Greg B it is defintly more versatile.

17. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

or buy a squier fat strat...

jocelyn likes this.
  18. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

A diif Beast but yes it is very very versatile ..

19. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

why dont you goin for ibanez gsz120......its a great guitar....i just bought it........hast two humbuckers.......and both ov them sound awsome.................

20. samarthgupta

samarthgupta New Member

hey

why dont you goin for ibanez gsz120......its a great guitar....i just bought it........hast two humbuckers.......and both ov them sound awsome.................