Urgent:help me get my guitar in the country...really urgent

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Dec 21, 2005.

1. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

No not at all...

@ Dr : If your guitar case is too big you need to check it in.. WHich means SWEET DREAMS!!

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Na guys there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just tell your bro or whoever is getting it to treat it as cabin baggage(if possible). And the thing about the guitar being manhandled is seriously rubbish.

I mean just think of this, how the hell will a good guitar with a durable paint job placed in a nice case(soft or hard) be manhandled or damaged by a frail stewardess????
    Dont worry one bit!!!!!

Also, you can get in anyhting less than 25k and you wont be charged a dime. If you cant take it as cabin luggage dont worry just pop a handle with care sticker on the case and eveyhting will be safe and sound!!!

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well I am getting the 2 pickups and the replacement pedal in the hand baggage only.....maybe I'll open up the packing to be safe...BTW..do those custom ppl recognize a pickup?..one can alway pass them off as some cheapo stuff..

I remember now..I had to pay duty before as it came with the packers/movers..
    that guy saw my guitar processor and got suspicous...basically there was no one directly dealing with him or I cud have avoided it..

4. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

I'll write a full procedure tonight and post it.. My bro came last night.. NO issues with the Customs at all.. My bro was carrying stuff much more than 25k almost double you can say.. And still didnt pay Customs...
    @ Chintan : I think you got my posts context wrong.. That guitar which was damaged came CHECKED IN.. Not in Cabin.. Thats why i warned them..

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hey congrats man..your Jackson is here:beer:...

6. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

^^^ Yes Bro...