understanding guitar tabs

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by esgallindeion, Aug 10, 2003.

1. i can play chords easily..but when it comes to tabs..im just a beginner ..i know how to play tabs but since i havent tried tabs...to much..so my fingers dont work on tabs and solos...

but i really want to learn solos and tabs...i have tried so many times but the progress is to slow..i dont know whether its helping or not..still im uncomfortable playing tabs and solos with 4 fingers...erhhhh

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^And you felt the need to tell us that, why?

3. just want to know...tha whether its easy to learn tabs and solos..cuz i trying hard but the progress is very slow...

4. why? i mean i want it to share that's it...if u dont like it than im sorry cuz u r mod hmm...:nw:

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^No, i was merely trying to find out if there was any specific purpose to your post. Well, depends on what you call "hard", some of us practice with intensity that would seem impossible to you, or you could just dilly dally learn a few things and play "tabs and leads". Message me on yahoo, we can talk.

6. hmm..may be

7. kale_army

kale_army New Member

excellent

thanx dude ur method of learning guitar helped me a lot

8. raghav_100

raghav_100 New Member

Well I got it till here
    ------------------------2-----3-------------------
    ------0-------1p0-------3-----3-------------------
    --------0---------0-----2-----4-------------------
    ---2------2-------------------5-------------------
    ------------------------------5-------------------
    -0----------------------------3-------------------
    I cn really clearly understand what it says, but what does this means?

But (Em)we are (C)two (G)worlds (Em)apart

Can't (C)reach (G)to your (Em)heart

When (C)you (G)say

That (Em)I want it (D)that (G)way

I searched the forum but cldnt find an explaination to it, can any senior member help?

9. kritsye

kritsye New Member

hey can n e one plz tell me how many chords r there n whts d best waaay 2 begin learning guitar.....plz help........m a newbie

10. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

well..
    i have named the strings according to their sequence.

"0" means that u have to play that particular string open...without presing any fret
    "2" means that u have to play the second fret of the concerned string..(this wld be 3rd fret if it was "3")
    "p" means that u have to pull off the string from the concermed fret while playing.

11. sabi_4ever

sabi_4ever New Member

hi every one i'm actually really new beginner 4 guitar i dont know fully about chords..... till now i've learned just open notes.........so pls guide me guys.....so that i can continue my classes... im really confused........

12. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Search the tutorials forum for what you need.

13. DEW

DEW New Member

Hello to all from Dew

I have been self teaching myself for about six months. I have an acoustic and an electric guitar. I mainly use the acoustic. I have a question on tabs. Does anyone have tabs that might show me how to do a run between notes? Not sure if I asked that the right way, Help!

14. joseph13

joseph13 New Member

Very useful site for starters

15. karannrl

karannrl New Member

thanxx 4 d help

16. All paki reject

All paki reject New Member

Nice work dude!
    Really awesum for begginers..............most begginers face the problem of reading tabs .....awesum work

now whoever bugs me to teach dem how to read tabs i direct them to dis ;)

17. djneetu

djneetu New Member

hey guys i understand tabs..BUT...what about reading chords??..sorry but ive got nooo clue!!!!completly lost when it comes to that!!..plz help!

18. rocky750

rocky750 New Member

thanx.....

thanx for sharing valueble knowledge for beginers..........

19. nkjm

nkjm New Member

How do I read this?

Fig. 1
    F# B C# F#
    e-----------||-----2-----2--x--|--------2-------4--x--|--------2-----2--x--\-|
    B-----------||-----2-----2--x--|--------4-------6--x--|--------2-----2--x----|
    G-----------||-----3-----3--x--|--------4-------6--x--|--------3-----3--x----|
    D-----------||-----4-----4--x--|----------------------|--------4-----4--x----|
    A-----------||-----------------|--0--2-----/-4--------|----------------------|
    E--0--0--0--||--2-----2--------|----------------------|--0--2-----2----------|
    ^ ^ v ^ ^ v ^ ^ v

20. nkjm

nkjm New Member

I don't even know where to start.. I know about the strings and which fret to play but thats it.