U2-With or Without You

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by harshm17, May 16, 2004.

1. harshm17

harshm17 New Member

U2-With or Without You.

This is the simple version you can strum on an acoustic. To play the real tune you need to use an electric with a darn good amp w/ delays.

The entire song is D,A,Bm,G. The chord changes dont depend on the lyrics. They change at different times. I highly recomend listening to the song while trying this the forst time to get the rythm. The strumming pattern that I use is as follows (it works pretty well): Down Down|Up Up Down, where the second beat consists of two strokes(Down and UP). Best of luck, let me know what you think. :rockon: .

D.......................A
    See the stone set in your eyes
    Bm.....................G
    See the thorn twist in your side
    D.............A.....Bm......G
    I'll wait, For you

D.......................A
    Sleight of hand and twist of fate
    On a bed of nails she makes me wait
    And I wait, without you

With or without you,
    With or without you.

Through the strom we reach the shore
    You give it all but I want more
    And I'm wait...ing, for you

With or without you,
    With or without you aahaa
    I can't live
    With or without you.

And you give yourslef away
    And you give yourself away
    And you give
    And you give

My hands are tied
    The body bruised, she's got me with
    Nothing to win and
    nothing left to lose

And you give
    And you give

With or without you,
    With or without you
    I can't live
    With or without you.

With or without you,
    With or without you O ha
    I can't live With or without you
    With or without you.

2. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

yeah, a pretty accurate account. the chord changes and the beats not following the song... this is what's called syncopation, i guess? this structure of music presents many difficulties for beginners who try to sing along playing.

but i guess the rhythm guitar doesn't suit this song too well... it's the bass that does it in the record. i have a hard time playing their other song, 'where the streets have no name'... that song too doesn't come good on the regular rhythm guitar... u need a bass for rhythm, and an electric to play out the riffs.

3. harshm17

harshm17 New Member

I agree. But it does the trick if you want something to play and sing along. I have the chords for "Where the Streets Have No Name" and I'll be posting them later. Try those out and let me know what you think.