Tuner

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by smitzonian, Mar 23, 2006.

1. smitzonian

smitzonian New Member

hi I would like to buy an acoustic guitar tuner . which one should i buy and how much does it cost ?

Do let me know
    Smitzonian

2. raj_delhi91

raj_delhi91 New Member

Hiiii

Hii U can go for Givson Jumbo(2-3K). and in the higher range(5-6k) u can go fo Korean make GB&a.

Ravi

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Look at the subject and also read the question properly.. He asked for Tuner...

Dude, get yourself a Boss ka Tuner / Metronome. It will be available in any decent music instrument store. It should cost you about Rs.1000.

4. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Hi,

U can go for a tuner from "KORG".
    I have used it ...Pretty good
    Cost around 1200 buks

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Hey buddy, these tuner are very costly. Still you need to buy it to be able to tune ur guitar correctly in programs etc. But if you are buying a tuner for home use, I have a better option for you (Ofcourse, if you own a computer). Use the digital tuner provided in guitar pro 4 or 5 (tools> digitl tuner) istead. It is very very sensetive and does the job like an analog tuner does. Use a Mic for the input( Put the mic in your guitar hole).
    It will save atleast 1000 bucks 4 U.....

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

tuning acoustic is dam easy. learnin it would be better or else downkload aptuner from downloads.com. there is not point of wasting 1000 bucks on a tuner for acoustic

7. rohit

rohit New Member

ibanez tuner +metronome you will get it for 1200Rs it is very good .or cherub tuner only 600Rs. but like "god of guitar "said tuning acoustic is learn it rather than relying on a instrument.

8. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Ibanez tuner is available for 1000 in Mumbai, 1200 in Bangalore.

Tuning acoustic or electric would be equally easy or tough. However, when we tune by ear, we tune from string to another string. So if you get the frequency of the base string wrong, your guitar might be in tune but still your whole scale will be off. And if you keep playing like this for long, you will have problems later. So use a tuner, a pitch pipe or even a tuning fork to get the correct frequency on atleast the base string. Older days, we used to tune from the music system, playing along a with a song whose chords we knew.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well I still feel that tuning is best done by ear.

Taht way you will be able to learn the "beats" pehnomena and use it for determining correct frequency. And you will develop and ear for correct tunings.

What sanjivdas said about refernece or base frequency is also correct. and his point on: I have a song that starts on E, I can always use taht as reference.
    No point speding Rs1000 or 1200 jsut to get base frequency correct.
    Like I used to use Smoke on the Water to get correct frequency.
    ( :cry1: that makes me an old-timer, I still do that)

On the other hand.
    Tuners are absolutly useful during gigs, where you dont have time and you dont wanna "bore" the audience/judges.
    Especially if your guitar has a nmon-locking floating bridge, it will most probably drift in tuning during the course of playing.

Tuners then becomes an absolute necessity, or else you may ask the bass (hopefully, his strings remains in correct tune LOL) to give you the tune.
    LOL again.

10. rohit

rohit New Member

i agree ,you need some reference tone to tune one string but after that do it with ear.

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Wt exactly is a tuner required for???????:eek::

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

In order to tune a guitar.

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^ i meant that if u know howto tune ur guitar>

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!