tulsi guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ThePacifist, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

How much do they cost?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Base price is ~7500-8000.

You can add features and increase the price.

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

No one even gets close to me on that... I have an Explorer/Widow/Strat all in one copy ;). Truly one of a kind :rock:

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How?
    :help:

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ Body shape & pup config = Explorer
    Headstock = Widow
    Bridge=Strat

+ it has 24 frets Which none of the above guitars have ;)

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Bah!..my PRS also has a tune-o-matic bridge and a bolt-in neck.Although old PRSes did have the same config:eek::..
    OK, you win :annoyed:

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

:dance: :dance: :dance: :rock: YAAAAAY :banana:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HUH!
    My RR has 24 frets. Real RR1 has 22 frets.

Mine has Strat tremolo/bridge.
    The real on has Floyd rose.

Mine has 5 way swithc with split coils. The origianl one has some blah blah config.
    Mine has two volume controls (for each pikcups) and one master tone control.
    The actusla one is reverse of that.

:p:

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Mine has all that and more...I WIN :please:

Awwwww wat the heck we all have good guitars.. Everyone wins :beer:

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^ HOHOHOHO!!!
    :beerbob:
    Cheers!

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Why dont you guys go and ask Tulsi which guitar he has built better.. going by what I hear abouth Tulsi.. they are getting better.... So Alpha and Nebu that means DOUBLE CLICK has a better guitar.... :) ;)

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Dont try to create differences amongst the Tulasi guitar owner's Club members:annoyed::annoyed:

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Lets make something like "TOG" : Tulsi Owners Group just like HOG (Harley's Owner Group)

Come up with a better name/Acronym if possible.

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

+1

@jocelyn -- Thanx :beer:

15. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

Okay....how much would a LP style guitar cost like...Im talking about decent pickups...not EMGs but not cheap squeaks....alder body, rosewood neck....binding...??

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

An LP style guitar will cost around 8K.
    You dont get any wood options.

Body will be indian teak, fingerboard will be rosewood and the neck will be maple.

Tulsi will only use a set of Korean ( I think ) pups. If u want other pups, u will have to buy them separately and give them to him. The pups are pretty decent imho. They are medium o/p pups with no noise and they pickup harmonics pretty well.

For more info, ask Tulsi or ronnie. He has a chessboard...ooops, I meant LP copy ;)

17. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

that cheap?? all I can get for 8k is either a washburn X11 or Givsons etc...
    would be great..is a teak body good enuf?? I'll pm ronnie and ask...

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

19. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

The guy's making a LP copy for 13.5k. pikups wil be "international standard" accrding to him...I also enquired at alberto's...they are making a copy fr abt 22k...but epifone pikups...and exact LP specifications....they are way over my budget though......

what do u guys say about the tulsi deal?

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

It seems Tulsi's prices are going up like anything..if Alberto's is giving Epiphone pickups for 22K, its a no-brainer.Take the Tulsi and later put some good Dimarzios/Duncans/other if you want...His pickups are decent, but obviously the Dimarzios/Duncans have them beat, plus you can go for exactly the type of pickups you want from their extensive offerings.I am guessing that the Epiphone pickups will be in no way better than the Tulsi ones.
    I believe Albertos made an LP for a forumite for 22K, but with EMG Zakk Wyldes, which would be 9-10K when imported.