tulsi guitars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ThePacifist, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

Hey,
    I've heard a lot about the Tulsi guitars but dont know anything about them. Since Im looking out for a new guitar, could someone post a link to their website or smthing like that??

2. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

pm Ronnieanad, nebuchandnezar and Aplpha & double click.... :)

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

4. ThePacifist

ThePacifist New Member

okay, so does this guy have any email contact where I can get in touch with him?

Also, alpha1, since you got your guitar made from this guy, are you satisfied with the quality and value of his products??

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Phone number has been listed.

Build quility is good. Infact pretty good.
    Value is cent percent.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Thanks for the website....... :)

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^No real info there..and those pics dont do any justice to the guitars, much better looking in reality...
    Now I am going to shamelessly insert pics of my PRS :p: just see the difference

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      92.6 KB
      Views:
  9. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Hmm finaly I get to see ur guitar after the pickups Swap.... Looks nice..... I am still deciding if I sould get mine done from Tulsi or Albertos.... Albertos is very close.. and I have worked with him before on my accoustic.... plus he is also giving me wood options...... still thinking......

10. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^thenku thenku:)..they sound great too
    Tulasi wont give you wood options and all, but his build quality is quite good..of course havent seen Alberto's stuff to compare ...

11. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

yeah I know the only reason I am backing of from Tulsi is because of the wood options..
    https://albertomusic.com/
    again just like you said for the Tulsi website... the pitures do not justify the Guitars produced

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Their stuff looks pretty good..does he import the wood too.coz that would get real costly.

13. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Initially I was hesitant abt goin to Tulsi because of the lack of wood options. However, the wood he uses is pretty damn good. The only problem are the pups. They are pretty ordinary..... better than a lot of the low end pups you find on other guitars in this price range but not as good as other branded pups.

What sort of guitar are u thinkin of gettin? What sort of wood do u want?

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Mine is prety much a very basic set up... a DOUBLE FAT STRAT... with probably a Half Scalopeed neck or full scaloped neck or Jumbo frets.... Alder body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard... standard tremelo.... Pickups would be The JB that curently sits on my "V" clone and a Jazz humbucker.. and locking keys..
    He does import woods as per my knowledge.... Albertos has made guitars for Chris Bismark...( those crazy carved finishes that you see)...he also gives you lots of choce with hardware and pickups ext..... The only thing he wont do is a "an Arched Flamed or Quilted Maple top". he wil offer you a venner for the Quilted or flame maple top which would rest flat on the guitar but wont be Arched. Other wise you can get Arched Maple tops for LP styles. Obviuosly becasue of the options he gets a bit expensive... I think Shredder made a LP with Zak wylde pups, an ebony fretboard and rose wood Neck for around 22K... and most of that went for the EMGS....
    But mine would not end up so expensive if I omit out the Scaloped fretboard...

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Their website quotes that they are pioneers. Quite a bold statement - load of crap! What's the purpose of their site - does not say much about them anyway.

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ I know the site looks pretty unimpressive but let their work speak for itself. These guitars are incredible considering the cost. I doubt if you can get anything half as good for the price. :aggre: :aggre:

As for being pioneers.... well... in a sense they are. They make some the best guitars in India :p:

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

It says we are pioneers in making electric violins, violas and cellos, when did they say they are pioneers in electric guitar making?I guess those guys are really simple and hence the website aint all that jazzy.
    Last time I went,Steve Vatz(well known in Chennai) was ripping around on his Tulasi made signature acoustic-electric called 'Vatzilla':p:The Moksha guys also use his stuff, and there might be lot of clients among eminent Carnatic musicians, I wouldnt really know about that.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Even I am his client.
    :beerbob:

:)

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PS: that too I must be one of those rare guys to ask him to do RR Flying Vee.

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Hehhe..I can always claim that PRS'es are even rarer for his cutomers