Tulsi Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Iraqita_EP, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

I asked tulsi the price of a copy of this guitar
    https://neasanoneill.com/armthe1.jpg
    barring the colour of the body.......which will be black
    the price he quoted was 16,500
    is it a good deal??
    also,im worried bout the pickups coz ultimately i will replace them wid emg 81,85
    but since im a little short on money........will only get them bout next year
    i play RATM,Dream Theater,Sum 41,Metallica,Blink 182,Jimmy Eat World,Bullet For My Valentine,Iron Maiden,Pantera,Audioslave,etc
    will his pickups give good tone for this type of music??

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

why do u want that guitar? and if ur swapping the pickups later? why why why why why? cus thats a fender strat...u could just buy a cooler guitar

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

dunn want a cooler guitar.................dis guitar has sum features wich i want.........like seperate volume controls for pickups,killswitch.etc

4. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

Dude the guitar looks fine. Dont know about tulsi so cant comment. And whats wrong with the guitar?.EMG's should go fine with it, if at all you replace it with em - make sure u have a battery compartment done with it for the EMG's.Strats can be used for any kind of music by the way - it should fit the music your playing. but if your looking for a seperate vol control then there are other guitars too please check before ordering mate. could get a better deal.with the same guitar setup. could even get better ones.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I think he has raised his price now.

Last year we all got ours made in 8-9K (without any floyd rose). (Add ~5000 for floyd rose),

Heard that this year he has raised teh price to 11-12K.
    If yours is a Floyd Rose, then add approx 5K.

He will install his own pickups. Anyway you can buy and install new ones as and when you want. :)

6. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i checked out a washburn and ibanez wich had the specifications wich i want..............but their body was like a les paul and they had no tremolos

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Why not design your own. It will be shit loads of fun. And you will have everything u want.

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Tulsi does quote different prices to different people. Add 3k for a FR licensed bridge.

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

my bro recently got his Strat Shaped ( with a Washburn Dime HEAD :D) Tulsi for 16k with a Licensed FR .

The Pickups are great for solo's but a little too muddy for Riffs. But anyway you are gonna get new pickups so basically you need to look out for his finish.
    His finish is pro like. even by the pics i saw. its definately worth it for 16k .

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Look around, if you can find a guitar for 16K, that you can touch n feel before paying for, then nothing like it.

11. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^dats da problem.......all the guitars i tried r not according to wat i want...........dats y im going for a tulsi

12. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Then buy it.

13. cyr1a3

cyr1a3 New Member

how much could tulsi charge for an ESP alexi laiho ES-200 lefty replica

14. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Don't go for Tulsi.
    Technically he used to make AWESOME guitars..a friend of mine has one..but two other people I know bought there..I was gonna go there to check out some stuff and all...and he quotes too much of a price..He says he uses White Cedar wood..which is rare and is used only in Acoustics..and he uses his own pickups.
    Pickups are pretty cool.You can gig with em.
    He uses licensed Floyd too.
    I'm just worried about the wood and necks.
    and it's a tad too bit costly.
    You can get A LOT of guitars if you look probably.
    The other option you have is to make your self another volume control..and connect to the pickup..I think Tulsi does that..not too sure..only risk is if the wood is cracked or hurt anywhere..it's done..the hole should be perfect..without stress.