Tulsi guitar Query

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by god_of_thunder, Aug 5, 2006.

1. god_of_thunder

god_of_thunder Livin After Midnight

guys im planning to tell one of my relatives to get me a good brands licensed Floyd Rose Bridge and a seymour Duncan pickup set (Sh4 and Sh2N)
    i am planning to hand them over to the person at Tulsi to make me a custom guitar..
    How much will it work out to?? and is the idea feasible??Will the tulsi guy agree?
    any advice appreciated..

2. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I would say you are quite lucky to be getting the components beforehand.I upgraded my pickups much later.Tulasi will put in whatever you want him to, but he will definitely comment that his pickups are as good as a SD or DMZ:p:
    JB and Jazz would be sweet. With good pickups, the Tulasi will be best in class for a total cost of under 20K(though your Floyd might make it costlier).The pickups and Floyd alone would cost you around 12K.I say, get your switches and pots from there too.Any later upgrades will set you back by a few hundred bucks extra as repair cost.
    What are your guitar specs and what type of sound are you looking for?

3. god_of_thunder

need a lil help there man..
    im actually getting a licensed floyd rose bridge and the dual humbucker pickup set from the US,. im gonna give it to the tulsi guy to make me my guitar..
    Im looking at a natural sunburst type finish explorer style body with a reverse headstock..
    Does he deal in neck thru designs?
    will it work out to 8k on the tulsi side?

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

He will do the neck-thru and sunburst easily, but I doubt if it will be done for 8K as I hear he has raised his prices.Why dont you send in your specs and ask him for a quote?

5. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

he sure has increased his prices

my brother's beast copy - HSH + FR licensed + active electronics cost him 13k + a little

i requested a washburn idol copy - HH + fixed bridge and he quoted 15k

6. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Man..my PRS copy with tune-o-matic came for 9K total.Even with my new DImarzio pickups the total value is about 15K-16K.

7. god_of_thunder

since im givin him the floyd rose.. i gotta pay him less right?

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup, since you are giving pickups and bridge it should be lesser, but still the rate hike will make it around 10K I guess..as I said ask him, only he can tell you exactly, no use speculating in this thread.

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Good to see another Explorer fan here :beer:. I got mine done by Tulsi for 9K. Although, as nebu said, I think he has increased his prices.