Tulsi Guitar Owners Please Advice!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arvindzin, Oct 2, 2006.

1. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

HI huys... im thinking of getting myself a TULSI guitar. Well i know that ronnie has a prs imit,,,well i too want something similar..more like mark tremontis guitar...but thats only looks.... i dont play that kinda stuff... also what pickups should i put on them and what is the best way to get pickups(other that bajaao coz its costly there). I want the guitar for playing heavy rock and blues stuff.... i have an ibanez rg370 for all the madass riffing. BTW this forum is simply AMAZING and all u dudes ROCK.

PEACE BROS
    help this newb0 out!

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

1) Tulasi .......hmmm Ronnie BABA,ur on this one.

2)What pickups. A SD JB/59 set would really get you high.

3)The best way to get hold of pick-ups. Get someone abroad to get them for you.Bajaao rates are pretty much OK,they too have to pay for the customs and stuff ,albeit lesser then what you wud have if you ordered it online.Furtados has also started stocking pickups try visiting them.
    Hope I was of some help.

3. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

Thanx Bro

yeah ill check out if any of the cliched 'aunty coming from us' kind exist in my family. I hope they dont find the word humbucker offensive...hehehhehehe....

Yeah thanx ill look up the reviews of the JB duncans....

thanx again bro

Cmon guys i need more inputs!!

4. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

THANX A LOT BRO! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO ME!!

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

^
    When did he say that? O_O

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

ROFLMAOL .........good 1 Ibanezed :D

7. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

Let me rephrase... "u guys rock"!! :D

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have a Tulsi "Les Paul" copy. I have replaced the Electronics with Dimarzio Norton in the Bridge and Dimarzio PAF Pro in the Neck and a 500K CTS POT. This guitar rocks. If you have ever seen my guitar in the jam room or in live, you know how it sounds. Get hold of good pickups to your liking and a Tulsi Guitar can rock.

9. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

ok... will he make a black finish on the les paul imit?? and is it wirth it buying pickups from bajaao....seems costly and doesnt have too much choice?? i dont have any aunt to help me in agony :(.....i think im gonna go for the tulsi.. BTW...whats the jam room?? and for that matter live??

10. ronnieanand

He can paint it in any colour. dont bother about that...Pickups are a bit expensive in Bajaao but at least you will get them if you dont have any Aunties and Uncles in the US...Jam Room is the small tiny room where a band jams. Live is playing on stage...

11. arvindzin

arvindzin New Member

DUDE THAT I KNOW!! i was trying to ask is there some kinda link like that on IGT . So u in bangalore huh?? where do u guys jam?? Listen asctually if u guys have a band thats kikcking why dont u participate in "rocktaves" held at bits pilani. The fest is starting on the 16th of oct. I am right now in BITS. if u can give me ur mail id ill mail the details. Else u could check out the college fests link on rsj.

OTHER BANDS INTERESTED CAN REGISTER ONLINE AT RSJ. FOR INFO U CAN CALL THE NUMBERS THERE or mail me at [SNIP]
    PEACE

12. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

ronny ..you rule man! and you call yourself a noob! you sound like goku

13. ronnieanand

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=24546

Check out this thread. It has links to my recording. Check out my latest Jam in C# Minor. Thats played through Tulsi and you will have an idea of how it sounds..It has that DiMarzio Norton I was talking about...

14. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Ronnie BABA,me was thinking of ordering a Tulsi myself..but have a few questions.Why doesnt he allow the selection of wood ? and How are his necks ?

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

His wish.
    He is not forcing you to come to him.

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

I was wondering where u vanished suddenly :D

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

his necks are good but you've gotta take care of them because they are/were prone to warping with humidity/temperature changes.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ I guess that is problem with any.

Infact a wood that doesn't warp with temp change and humidity is not wood.

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

According to the latest reports from the Bajaao forums, he is quoting 18K for a superstrat type guitar with licensed Floyd:shock:... no neck-thru body design too.

Ebony fingerboard for 2K extra:help:

And apparently the wood type he is claims to be using these days is white cedar.

^We bought it just in time, now my upgraded guitar costs 16K but has world class pickups and electronics.

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I had talked to him a couple of weeks ago bout a guitar for my friend. The prices he quoted were the same old prices.

The guitar was an S series copy. He quoted 9K (no floyd).