Travel size acoustic

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by axeman1986, Aug 2, 2006.

1. axeman1986

axeman1986 New Member

Anyone here knows where I can get a 3/4th scale acoustic guitar? possibly a good one. A friend needs one to take back with her to college. Budget is 3k. I remember seeing one at bharat music in delhi but that filthy sonofabitch owner asked for 5k it was a J&D and totally not worth it. Then he tried telling me that my takamine is not worth the price i paid for it. ****ing daft prick sitting in a chawl in delhi thinks he knows about guitars.
    Mumbai only please.
    Help would be appreciated.

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

don't mind me butting in but wot's a 3/4 scale accoustic?

3. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

@undead: Dude its a rather smaller guitar. Smaller body, & shorter neck. I dont know exact maths, but I think it has the scale length about 18-19". Kinda easier to handle in travel especially if u are pretty loaded. And if u were confused abt the scale length altogether, then it is the distance from the nut to the saddle at your bridge, i.e., the active length of your string.

@axeman: Yep buddy this happens a lot in this part of the world. A fellow here in Lahore, was pretty convinced that my Washburn D10SCE has a maple top, while it is faar inferior to a plywood fake Yamaha he had up for sale in his shop. Its kinda depressing sometimes...