Top Gun ~~theme Music

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by Invincible, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Invincible

Invincible New Member

:::: Lemme tell u from mah experience that this music is very very very good...n girls just luv it. But dat besides the point. The point is u gotta try this on an electric guitar with distortion..on an acoustic it sounds ok though

Top Gun !~!

e-5-11s12-12---10-9-10-9-8-8---5-7s9-7-9s10-9----9---8-8---------
    b----------------------------------------------------------------10----------------
    g-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------- (repeat twice)
    -

e-7-14-14---12-11-12-11-9-9---7-9s11-9-11s12--11----11-9--------
    b----------------------------------------------------------------12------------
    g------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e-7-14-14---12-11-12-11-9-9---7-9s11-9-11s12--11-12-s14---------
    b--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    g---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

Tabbing top gun anthem ain't a big thing especially the starting, but the problem starts when u actually get in the middle of the anthem, where van halen gets mad and plays some real stuff... sorry dude but i'm not really impressed.. by tthis effort..

3. Invincible

Invincible New Member

Nah....u dun expect me to that sort of mix do u....but i guess if u hear kanish mirchia 's version its quite similar. Nwayz i was just tabbing so thought of posting !

4. pradeepbetha

pradeepbetha New Member

Topg Gun Theme

WELL GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST SUBMISSION N THIS IS REALLY GOOD.AND THE MUSIC GOES EXACTLY IN TH SAME SCALE AS IT IS.HOPE U ENJOY THIS.

LETS GET STARTED....

e--------5-5----3-2--3-2---------------------------------------------------
    B--3---------------------------5-5---3-5----5/7---5--7--8---7-3--7-5--
    G------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e--------5-5----3-2--3-2-----------------------------------------------5--
    B--3----------------------------5-5---3-5----5/7---5--7--8---7-3-------
    G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW THE SCALE INCREASES...

e-----11-11--9-8-9-8------------------------------------------------------------------
    B-9----------------------11--11---9--11---11/3---11--13---14--13--9---13--11-
    G-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e----11-11--9-8-9-8---------------------------------------------------------------------
    B-9----------------------11--11---9--11---11/13---11--13---14--13--9--9---------
    G--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS PART FOLLOWS NOW........

e----5----------------------------------3--------------------------------5--7----9---10---
    B-3-----3--5--7--7-----------------3----0---2--3--3---5---7---8-----------------------
    G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPEAT THE SAME AGAIN FROM THE BEGINING COZ THE MUSIC GOES EXACTLY THIS WAY........

HOPE U ENJOYED THIS ONE. ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED.THX.

THE VERY ACT OF BELIEVING CREATING STRENGTH OF IS OWN.

5. Shredder

Shredder New Member

dude ... Eddie Van Halen did not play Top Gun Anthem ... its by Steve Stevens Billy Idols Guitarist ...

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Whatever!

I have heard EVH play that so it doesnt make a diff to me whether the origianl composer was EVH or Steve Stevens.

EVH kicks ass especially once he gets to playing with his whammy.

7. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

was it EVH i had a mag which says it was from satch

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

i too heard that it was played by satch.

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

it was composed by harold faltermeyer and played by satch bhai

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

exactly it was by satch checked it again.u can actaully make out coz satch always does some
    monkey business with tremolo gettin his trademark scream.

11. yasir_88

yasir_88 New Member

hi nic work done

12. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

Who dig up this post.. anyways.. when u search for .. joe satch or eddie van halen u'll found it's been done by them.. i got the original VCD and ACD of Top gun .. and it says the guitar is been done by .. "Eddie van halen" rest i don't know.. yes the music composition is by .. "harold faltermayer" .. he even commposed the music for "black rain" and "terminator" etc. but u can check the ACD fellas.. if u don't belive me..