top 20 guitarist of all time

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JUDAS_666, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Gretsch

Gretsch New Member

I'm surprised the same Knob who rated Jack White as one of the best ever hasn't put Blink 182's Tom DeLonge in their list.

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Didn't like the list much. Lots of people missing there. Most prominently Vai.And what are Kurt cobain and jack white doing there? Well, like essi said this is very much "your" top 20 guitarists list.

3. kaiser

kaiser Bored

hey, esgi you r right, u cant include EVERYONE into the top 20....but hey esgi.....
    leaving out mark, slash, vai, satriani...........(and ppl where is eddie van halen!!!!!!!!!) ........is unpardonable.

n kurt was more of glamour.....his histrionics n the bands rebellious attitude appealed to the crwod. thast it.....they werent awesome. at least , i dont think much of their music.

there are more jerks in the list than guitarists!!!!111

hmmmmmmm/.........maybe it does make sense leaving out mark, slash vai n the rest!!!!!!! haha

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

u ppl hav said it all that was needed, no need for me to type it again..
    n dimebags#16 is really wot i think abt cobain..(except the part 'kurt rules') n nirvana i just hate, can't understand wot ppl like abt them!

but who's jack white?

5. that kurt rules statement was a joke..
    JACK WHITE IS THE GUITAR PLAYER OF THE WHITE STRIPES

they are a two member band...only a female drummer meg white his sister
    and him on guitars and vocals..

6. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

what kidna top 20 is that? no eddie van halen?!!!! it doesnt even have tom morella (audioslave,ex RATM)the guitar genius who even satriani said is the best

7. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Well... truthfully speaking. A person can only include guitarists he has heard of so bear in mind that not everyone has heard every guitarist you all rate so high.

8. meltingpoint83

meltingpoint83 New Member

Eddie Van Halen has to be there..Slash tooo...Satch and Vai definitely....

9. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

How in the hell have you not included Slash. One of the best riffs in guitar history was written by him. Sweet Child O' Mine. JUST LISTEN TO THAT SOLO!!!!!!! Wheres Izzy Stradlin, Tom Morello (RATM rocks!), Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen!, man check your list again.

Kurt Cobain is cool n everythin but he can play for ****. His solo in Smells Like Teen Spirit can be accomplished by any guitar player. He couldve done better. Nice riff tho.
    Tom Morello, who cant remember Killing in The Name, Bombtrack and more.
    Eddie Van Halen who wrote Eruption, Hot For Teacher, and others jesus!!!!!!!!!1

!!!!!
    !!!!!
    !!!!!
    :mad:

10. Mamasteen

Mamasteen <A-W-A-Y>

Your list is a joke , isn't it?

11. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

^^ u talkin 2 me?

12. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

since for me i like twin guitar whever possible i will mention the 2 guys at once
    1. Downing and Tipton - Judas Priest
    2. Dave Murray and Adrian Smith - Iron Maiden
    3. Joe Satriani
    4. Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin
    5. Randy Rhodes - Ozzy Osbourne
    6. Joe Satrinci - Dream Theater
    7. Blackmore - Deep Purple
    8. Dave Mustaine - Megadeth
    9. Slash - GNR
    10. Marty Friedman

13. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Top 20??? LOL I cant remember 20 Guitarists in ONe single day.. ha ha ha..

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

lol haha me too.. i never understood this concept of top 100 guitarists etc
    its only a way for radio stations and magazines to improve thier rating..
    for eg my local rock station kisw 99.9 actually did a top 999 guitarists over the weekend!!!!! would u belive that?
    jimmy page srv clapton bb king and .. van halen would be there in my list and joe satriani,steve vai and those trained kinds wont be in the list. I believe a song should be bigger than the guitarist solo and i rate a guitarist not by his guitaring dexterity but how he blends in with the song - which is why halen in my opinion is unique. the chemistry between eddie alex and dave was so cool and inspite of all his 'halengiris', eddie never overplayed on those earlier albums, each song was precise.

15. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Agree with jayswami completely and that is why I rate Andre Olbrich of Blind Guardian as high as in the top 5....

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Jimi Page
    Jimi Hendrix
    Van Halen
    Edge......list Goes On

17. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

only 20 Please...

18. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

kurt cobain doesnt even play lead solos
    all he does is play power chords
    he is a great singer and writer

19. ironmaiden513

ironmaiden513 New Member

kurt cobain wtf? no vai wtf? i want adrian smith on there! :mad: :p:

20. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Its obvious if Kirk Hammet is on the list and Alex Skolnick, and James Murphy are not... this list officially sucks.