Tickets to see Maiden Wednesday Aug 3rd!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by death_metal_fan, Aug 1, 2005.

1. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

That's right. I'm going to see Iron Maiden this Wednesday. I got awesome tickets too, centre box, row 4. It's gonna be ****ing great.

After this concert I will have seen the 4 bands that were my greatest metal influences: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica & Megadeth. When I was in India I had never dreamed that such a thing would happen during my lifetime (especially Priest...seeing them live was a dream come true).

Apart from these bands I have also seen Children Of Bodom, Lamb Of God, Fear Factory, Queensryche, Exodus, Godsmack (yup...they opened for Metallica...*sigh*) and I'll get to see Mastodon who are opening for Maiden this Wednesday.

All I really want to say is that I consider myself very lucky and coming to Toronto has helped me do all this stuff. It's been awesome.

Well here's to Maiden and hoping to come back from the concert sloshed with a couple of bruises to remind me of the moshpit. I'll probably have pictures for you all so stay tuned.

Oh and check the attachment. :beer:

Attached Files:

2. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

u lucky sob. Man i just wish i was in ur shoes rite now !!!!!!
    I hope to that i too will see Judas Priest live one day !!!( keeping my fingers crossed and prayin to God daily)

man u have a fun time... cheers

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

u lucky brat!i wish i were you there!but at least they arent death metal influences!:p:

4. tejas

tejas ..........

Sid, you're making me cry. I wish I was in Canada right now. Anyway, you have fun man. Mosh till you drop.

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

thats awesome!!! nice list!

tw how did u manage to use the word "****ing" withoutgetting it censored - thats fcuknig in case it gets censored.....

6. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

im jealous.....

neways...hav fun ....rock on n peace out

7. death_metal_fan

There are always workarounds.

btw the concert was ***king :p: awesome!!! Maiden played a kickass setlist. I was too drunk to remember all the songs but they played their concert staples like Run To The Hills, The Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper (Bruce wore soldier's uniform and carried a huge British flag across the stage....awesome!), Revelations and Where Eagles Dare.

Also since this tour was in support of their Early Days DVD, they only played songs off the first 4 albums (Iron Maiden, Killers, The Number of the Beast and Piece Of Mind)...so no Aces High and no Fear of The Dark. Still I got to hear songs I had never heard even in the concert recordings I have seen (such as Live After Death). Those included songs like Wrathchild, the always kickass Prowler, Iron Maiden and Remember Tomorrow. And of course the insane Running Free and Sanctuary closed things out on a high note.

And the best news of all is that Bruce told us Maiden would have a new album out around late Autumn next year and that they would definitely be touring Toronto next year!!! I will definitely go see Maiden next year too! :beer:

In other news Gigantour is coming to Toronto next month (September 3rd)...yes that means Megadeth and Dream Theater headlining with Anthrax, Fear Factory, Nevermore, Symphony-X and many more! Shaun (Mr. Scary) will be in Toronto during that time so hopefully he'll give me company for that concert. This is turning out to be a good month after all. :beer:

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

people who live abroad ...are lucky to see the greatest bands.......we just see them only on T.v

9. tejas

tejas ..........

I hate you both. I mean, Sid and Shaun.

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

u lucky brat!if u would have donated that ticket to me , iw ould have come to toronto right away!

11. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Now I'm jealous.:mad: Isnt Dillinger Escape Plan supposed to be there? Or are they not comming to toronto. Is Gigantour ever going to touch europe? :cry2:

12. death_metal_fan

Yes Dillinger Escape Plan is a part of Gigantour this year.

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Then i hate you 2x

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

damn u BOTH ~!~
    (so jealous)

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

mera number kab aayega?