thoughts on indian rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rocksta, Nov 18, 2005.

1. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

VH1....covering indian rock..??

man it only shws some crap hip-hop stuff most of the time....

the only thing worth watching is VH1 classic...and some episoddes of all access

2. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

ok then wat bout hardcore rock an metal as in iron maiden etc.? whose showin that?

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

no one..................

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Basically someone has to come out with some way to promote indian rock at the national front. Maybe by airing videos of indian bands or concert vids too. There's no way that some day just out of the blue rock will become mainstream. There has to be someone who's willing to take the first step. We cant just sit around and wait.

OR WE WAIT
    For the next hendrix to come along and save our skin by being born here

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^^ The next Hendrix has already been born in India...

BUT, THE MEDIA IS TOO BUSY WITH OTHER THINGS TO SHOWCASE HIM

6. rocksta

well said asmodeus! very true

7. rocksta

somany gr8 guitarists gone to waste bcoz a 9-5 job pays them better than the thing they love the most - music

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yup, nice point asmo...
    but then again, i cant see the scene getting any better.

Another funda is that the bands themselves are a bunch of such Egoistic chuuts , keep on flaming each other instead of actually trying to support each other and promote indian rock music. I still remember the hulla at Gigpad cuz Pentagram was playing at Glastonbury, live and let live .

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

10. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

dony woorry guys im here

11. rocksta

i dont think the scene eill improve by jus buyin cds an stuff.wat we gotta do is juys promote the instrument--the guitar. show ur kid cuzin or the kid next door or ur friends next door kid the beauty of the instrument...b4 he gets trapped inthe pop trap.jus promote the instrument man.

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What a crock of bullshit. You are advocating what the Shiv Sena do in terms of religion. Shove it down people's throats before the "devil" (pop music, in your case) get's them.

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah...
    One does not need to promote ROCK music with A GUITAR...
    THe guitar is used in practially every genre of music nowadays... so if you wanna popularize the guitar, then go ahead, hey, even Flipsyde uses it and so do the backing bands for the Black Eyed Peas and Backstreet Boys, in case you haven't noticed...

Show Pop music to the devil? Hmm... in case I'm not mistaken, you seem to be newly into the rock scene... so, just like many thousands others, you probably have started out listeinng to "english" music with POP... I have, and so have most of the people I know...

Pop is great, if ya like old-tiome POP i.e. Check out some of Micheal Jackson's older stuff, you'll find some amazing guitar work as well as bass lines... why not check out something more psychedlic like Duran Duran? Or even Prince for that matter...

Note: I'm not into POP as I was to when I was younger, yeah, ROCK does rule, but just don't make it into a thing with which you can hope to get chicks with or build some ATTITUDE... cuz that just sucks... you say you want the Indian scene to impove right? So why you using the guitar? Use other means... only if people like the music will they want to play it...

Hope you get the point

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hahahahaha...the endless debate continues.

Heres my view:
    Rock music will never suceed unless each album comes with a beer ....hahaha.
    The reason is pretty simple, its not easy to get into!. People who relate to Bhangra/Pop/HipHop/whatever do so cuz its easier to get into.
    The rock movement which started in the 60s was not about the music...it was about the whole change in lifestyle, new freedom ..a black man entertaining a crowd oif white people etc.
    Somehow i dont think such a movement will ever happen in India..y shud it happen after all
    A few Pointers:
    Id say one of the major reasons for the negative view against Rock music in India is the image projected.
    All u rock fans, throw off ur earrings ,ur attitude and ur potty mouth...thatll be a much better step towards promoting the 'scene' than anything else. Chanting MCMC doesnt make u cool.So doesnt looking 'dangerous'(read constipated).

15. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^ True. And also saying that i'm not the average indian when it comes to music is not right for indian rock promotion IMO.

16. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

YO Yo! None o'y'all need a geetar to be rockin yo! I'm a gangsta bassist and Ima say da truth yo, im mo metal than any half o' y'all dream to be ya hear?!

PEACE!

17. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Ignore my previous post, this man says it like it is. Preach brother dennis, PREACH!

18. shak

shak Harrr!

^ scary ..what have you been eating lately? ..

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i think we have a simple answer here..
    we wont have a good indian rock sense ..untill we have a very bollywood dominant music industry ..

which isnt the case in pakistan..

20. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Self made "cookies". I think the obvious step would be to have singing over distorted riffs on bolywood. This might sound like a LAME thing, but i think it works. Just put some catchy riffs in a song and then people might like it. And those who do... you know what.