Theme for Farewell

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by AceRoom, Jan 2, 2008.

1. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

I'm looking for a farewell theme for the 12th farewell (I'm in 11th). I do have some good ideas but I want a wider variety of selection. SOOOOO... if anyone could suggest some themes...I'd be grateful.
    Thanks

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

The old - Pyaar Ke Pal(KK)/Knocking on Heavens Door(GnR)/Time Of Your Life (Green Day)/Sultans Of Swing (Dire Straits)
    The intelligent - To Bid You Farewell (Opeth)/Blurry (Puddle Of Mudd)
    The daring - BC Sutta (Zeest)
    The wannabe-occaision destroyers - What I've Done, Runaway (LP)/Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)

3. AceRoom

AceRoom Future Grammy Winner

Actually, I don't need a song. I just need a theme in general.
    Like you said, old, intelligent and daring.
    Stuff like that's good.

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I just meant the idea...old idea of a farewell song, intelligent idea etc.

You could just play the lead of To Bid You Farewell...the song is like 11 minutes long (10:58, exactly)...and it's slow enough - you wont get tendonitis in the duration ;)

Best is...make one up yourself. If you know any scale by heart(minor/diminished/harmonic minor for this occaison) and are confident with your articulation techniques...then you can probably make one up on the spot (though it might sound a bit rough and/or repetitive - that depends on experience). Even better for this would be to keep a synth person around, let him/her play the basic key you are playing, and put in small solos, a la Sultans Of Swing. Include a few inverted chords, you're done \,,/

5. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

err... ok i really wanna know... u r looking for a theme in GENERAL like for the entire EVENT rite? cause dats wat i THINK u need...

or r u actually asking about songs n all? :think: