The winding always gets undone!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sumantp, May 8, 2008.

1. sumantp

sumantp New Member

Hey guys....i m playin guitar for the past 1 year or so...
    quite recently i started to face the problem that the winding of my 3rd string gets undone in a month or less(this has happened 3 times!!!)n i change da
    string...wat i think is dat the string should not go bad so early!!!its of some kuleen brand n only dis brand is available here......is dis due to constant playing..or some other mistake???...i m clueless...thought u guys can help me out!!!

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

it's probably just crap string quality. I assume you mean the string winding itself right? not the windings done at the tuner?

does it start unwinding from a particular point?

3. sumantp

sumantp New Member

yea i m talkin about the string winding bro....
    i checked with all the dealers...they said the quality is reasonable...
    Dunno why it keeps on repeatin again b again...
    the sound from the third string becomes hopeless....
    i guess one reason mite be that the third string has thin windings as compared to the 4th,5th n 6th..!!

4. sumantp

sumantp New Member

it starts to unwind near the third n fourth fret....probably i play on dese frets more often n due to contionous chords switching!!

5. crazykremy

crazykremy New Member

the third string is the most commonly used string hen playing chords..even i experience the same problem with my guitar string..though not as frequently as u experience..but compared to all the other strings, the 3rd string gets worn out the first.

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i used to have that problem too, just switch to better brand strings...like the Gb&A

7. DagMX

DagMX New Member

there are a few possibilites:
    1)You have a bad fretjob on your guitar and those frets are a tad sharp.
    2)Your strings are of a cheapo brand(which I suspect)
    3)Some people have higher finger acidity. Clean your hands before you play.

8. sumantp

sumantp New Member

Yea may be this is the problem...will try to change the brand...i checked the frets...they seem normal...!!