The Unofficial Trivia Thread!!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by dennis, Jan 10, 2005.

1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Ananth < i spelled it right
    I was jk bout the killing part, IGT doesnt need to me renamed IMT (Indian Murdering Time) or ANT (ananth murdering today!) sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,@!#%!$#@
    ^%%&$^%#&^%&
    %$^*&^%$*&^

2. aleric

aleric New Member

While recording "Wish You Were Here", Sid Barrett appeared in the studio, but he was so messed up that Roger and Dave didn't recognize him. ( If you don't know "Wish You Were Here" is dedicated to Sid Barrett. IMO its the best album from Floyd )

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

aye radiocity......91FM, Bangalore

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

actually,i think shine on part 1 was dedicated to barrett.
    jamhead..are u kidding me, i never thought radiocity wud give some rock trivia

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i aint kidding ya...... they did give this piece of trivia....

other things i learnt from radiocity are the 2 meanings of umma-gumma, the name of the female version of woodstock, a lot about dylan's biography, the guy david knopfler has teamed up with, the song where pink floyd used the maximum number of keyboards.,... lots more...

i still have e-mails from one of their RJ's in my inbox .....

6. aleric

aleric New Member

Yeah....Radiocity used to give loads of Trivia......I remember there used to be this show called "Retro Show" ( 10 PM to mignight ) hosted by Priya Ganapathi I guess.......Used to be really good.....But have heard that the show has stopped now.

@Dennis : They say that the entire album "Wish You Were Here" is dedicated to Syd.

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

Priya Ganapathi really knew her (rock and related) music. As did Sheetal, but she was struck with the afternoon shows that played hindi music (she knew hindi music pretty well too). i also liked a guy called rohit malkhani, who used to do the weekly retro show on sunday evenings, before they made it a daily affair starting from 10 p.m.

the rest were somewhere between below average and real bad - jhonsey, santosh, darius and that puky sunaina lal.

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

jamhead- do they still have this retro show going on?
    and do post all u know!!!
    also, cud u just reduce ur signature man, it eats up the whole page.

@aleric- then it must be so.

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lmao i will reduce or change my signature...... but some other members have signatures about as lengthy.

i dunno if the retro show is still on... the rohit malkhani retro show died a quick death.. dunno if priya has stopped comming at 10.00 too.

what do i know,.... ummagumma also means " a little bit of the other".
    i quoted priya here, i am not so sure what its supposed to mean exactly.

it so happened that snce a few days before the roger waters concert, 91FM was giving away free tickets to people who could answer difficult questions, and then suddenly there this smart ass dude who after failing to answer the question asked to him (and thus blowing his chance to bag a free ticket) asks one back at priya. "what are the 2 meanings of the name "UMMAGUMMA" ?

immedately she replied "the brit school boy's word for secks, and "a little bit of the other" ". i think the 2nd meaning of the word umma-gumma is a sort of "word usage", you know like willy-nilly or itsy bitsy... it probably means something to the effect "a bit of the other side of the story" or something down that line, which would fit rather well, as a title of a floyd album, lol.

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

the guy david knopfler teamed up with.....................
    chris rea

11. aleric

aleric New Member

Here is a small quiz.......Got it as a forward........

1. Which pop star is named after a Phoenician warrior princess?

2. Which Brit alt rock band was originally known as On A Friday?

3. The character of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean played by Johnny Depp is based on which rock star?

4. What was discovered by an electrician on 8th April, 1994?

5. Which artist at times is referred to as 'his royal badness'?

6. Metallica sued this company for copyright infringement when it discovered a lip pencil hue called Metallica. Name this famous company.

7. This band has at some point or other had members from other bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Uriah Heep, Whitesnake etc. Name this famous band.

8. Who is Saul Hudson?

9. Temperamental Oxford boat racing team - Decipher this cryptic clue to get a band name...

10. What is the military term for one million dead people, which is also a band name?

Will post the answers once you guys have attempted........

12. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

PASS

PASS

3. The character of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean played by Johnny Depp is based on which rock star?
    PASS

PASS

SATCH OR MAYBE MICHAEL STIPE

6. Metallica sued this company for copyright infringement when it discovered a lip pencil hue called Metallica. Name this famous company.
    MAYBELINE

7. This band has at some point or other had members from other bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Uriah Heep, Whitesnake etc. Name this famous band.
    CREAM ?

8. Who is Saul Hudson?
    /////////////////

9. Temperamental Oxford boat racing team - Decipher this cryptic clue to get a band name...
    PASS

10. What is the military term for one million dead people, which is also a band name?
    DEEP PURPLE ??? HAHAHAH

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

tough man..tough
    k here go my guesses:
    1. Anastasia
    2. Radiohead
    3. he was based on a rock star..damn..maybe Jim Morrison, Steven Tyler or Axle Rose
    4. i know this one..kobain dead.
    5. prince(easy)
    6. yeah..maybelline lol
    7. no idea..rainbow?
    8. easy..slash :):)
    9. ill need to think this one out
    10. Genocide??

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Not very easy this...

2. Don't know.

A. I think its Radiohead.

A. No Idea.

A. Kurt Cobain's dead body??:p:

A. Prince???

A. I know it, but can't spell it. It goes something like guarlian or guerlain or something.

A. No clue.

8. Who is Saul Hudson?
    A. Slash

A.What the......

A. Megadeth.

15. tejas

tejas ..........

@Dennis - Are you sure about that Kurt Cobain thing??? I just guessed. LOL!! And the first one, is what you said right?

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

no idea about the 1st one..wild guess. im sure about the cobain thing.
    ohh yeah...megadeth ..obvious..damn.

i think the 9th one is Muddy Waters..but not sure

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i have the video clip connecting to answer #4.. any one interested?

18. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^yea...post it.

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i cant.. video clips (.mpeg or .dat) arnt part of the approved list... its cool tho - i just checked.. mentions "the body of KC weas found in a room above the garage of his fashionable Lake Washington home in Seattle. A Shot gun lay nearby. Cobain's body was found by an electritian who was installing security lights on the property.... " etc.

do you know any way to upload it here?

20. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

The song Mama Im coming home was written by ozzy for Sharon Osbourne, who when not on tour with him kept calling up and asked when are you coming home.