The train journey..

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by siddarth_d, Apr 3, 2007.

1. siddarth_d

siddarth_d New Member

Crowd at the station going wild, I was at a high Running to my coach, I heaved a sigh

I put my baggage under the seat, two bags and a suitcase Looking at me was a beautiful face

Hi, said I, joy running through my mind, more faces only to discover and find,

Hi said Namrata, for that was her name The naughty smile and the curly mane

The engine whistled and the train started to move She was smiling; I had to get into the groove

Minutes turned into hours, Trees moving like fast cars Thank God! my destination was very far

‘Where to?” she asked with an inquisitive smile My heart raced, anybody could hear it beating as far as a mile

The Conversation picked up pace, I was filled with glee If I could, I was ready to grab her and flee

The train stopped two hours later, out there was the same human sea, A few people entrained, a passenger walked towards me with a cup of tea.

Namrata stood and hugged the passenger; my heart leapt out of my mouth All my emotions were headed deep down south

The journey ended at that precise moment, I was broke This is life, realized I, wishing I could cloak

The train chugged along the predestined course Destiny had done the same to me, with a little bit of force

The train finally stopped after a day, I got off and bid goodbye She did the same, with a twinkle in her eye.

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

lol..good one!