The Super String Theory

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Mr. Scary, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Watched a documentary on this last night on PBS International...damn it REALLY INTERESTING STUFF! I find the theory of a wide multiverse amazing!

https://superstringtheory.com/

Check it out.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

my teacher's teacher .... at imperial college london is one the foremost leaders and aclaimant of this theory. ..i have heard a lot about it from my teacher ... to be honest, string theory does provide answers to many questions which the classical partice or the cloud theory fails to answer ...but still the polarity and the fundamental structure of strings is based entirely on chances ... this is where i start to disbelieve .. anyway ..a good read

3. Mr. Scary

^ true, but like every theory ,related with the universe, has flaws.

4. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lmao @ "the cloud theory".. did you mean relativity.

and who your teacher's teacher be, fi you dont mind sharing? Joe Polchinski ?

btw scary, i am really cross at that website cos they didnt list one of the biggest names in string theory in their list of scientists, and hopefully a future nobel laureate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ashoke_sen

5. Mr. Scary

After watching this, im interested in checking out Stephen Hawking's works...im still reading his "The Universe in a Nutshell"...a pretty good read.

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

String theory has been around for a while and yes it does answer many questions that classical theory fails to answer. But as shahrukh said there are still many problems that still need to be solved.

Anyway, Mr. Scary if you are interested, consider checking out "A Brief History of Time" by Hawking. He has simplified the most important theories in modern physics to be as simple and interesting as they can get. I ask you to read this one first because it contains important principles such as particle/wave duality and their properties such as spin which are important to understand before you understand string theory.

7. Mr. Scary

Will do, Hawking is a ****ing genius...i still cant put The Universe in a Nutshell down.

8. tejas

tejas ..........

^Oh yeah, Universe In A Nutshell is amazingly written. Too damn interesting. I don't have it, and my school library never let me take it home with me. I spent hours in the school library reading that one.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

well .... my teachers name is Mr. peta mocilovic ... he is physics and mathematics proff. at sandwell colleges ... i'll PM his email address to you ... you can ask him that i have this guys named shahrukh omar at IGT and he says that your teacher is a leading authority on string theory ...can you tell me his name ...
    HAPPPYYYYYY!!!!! :mad: :cen:
    and by cloud theroy i dont mean relativity ...... now you tell me ...what does realtivity has to do with the fundamental structure of the matter!!!! .... i'll be interested to know that .....now dont try to avoid this question
    by clouds theory i meant ..that the electrons inside the atom have no fixed position .... they can be anywhere at anytime ... you cant pinpoint their location so the electrons are thougt as ionized cloud surrounding the central positive nucleus ....
    i may be young and i maybe dumb ... but i certainly know what i am tlaking about ...

10. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

ty. i can live with or without knowing ur teacher's teacher's name.

relativity dont have much to do with the fundamental structure of matter.

but then any theory that isnt relativistically invariant has only one place. the dust bin.

so the threories that do attempt to explain the fundamental structure of matter and the rules that govern those fundamantel particles, have necessarily got to keep the TOR in mind.

so far only two have been able to combine QT and TOR. one is the QED and the other the strng theory, though there isnt any experimental proof of the latter yet.

as for what you meant by clouds, i surmised it immediately. and yes i do know what the "cloud" concept states. only that there isnt anything called "cloud theory" per se'. the "cloud" concept is a part of QT.

and yes, you certainly seem to know what you are talking about, though you may be young and dumb. :rockon: