the official world cup prognostigation thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jamhead, Jun 8, 2006.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

AM SO HAPPY ENLGAAAND R OUT N THE MAIN REASON BEING ROONEY!!! THAT OVERWEIGHT KID NEEDS TO MATURE UP A BIT

HAHHAHA DID SOMEONE READ WHAT SHEARER HAD TO SAY ABT THAT???

ROONEY SHAME AMONG ENGLAND HEROES

2. shak

shak Harrr!

england lost ... yes and they totally deserved that .. after the performance they gave last night ..
    my hitman's list
    sven i-wont-listen eriksson, wayne mr.angry-overrated-shouldnt have gotten up from injury-rooney, frank close-eyes-and-toe'poke- lampard ...

sven for not listening and not playing the usual 4-4-2 against portugal .. i know i was a big supporter for 4-5-1 but after how england played against ecuador i really didnt think sevn will gamble now .. i was so sure he would play rooney with crouch ... sadly that wasnt to be ..

mr rooney for being such an idiot .. why would anyone stamp on other's crotch and try to look inocent!! look ref is a man right? he would know that hittin someone right in the middle of the legs can be life threatening ;) so why o why did that piglet/overgrown carrot did that!!! why 'try' to get a red card!!! .. he shouldnt have recovered from the injury .. and ooo i know!! just realized it was carvalho who gave rooney the injury right? aha!! do i smell revenge??!! lol .. anyway .. can someone please make sure rooney is again injured by next world cup? thanks ..

mr frank lampard .. well i wouldnt blame the guy .. cuz after all he did try! it wasnt that he just stood there and did nothing .. he has the most shots on target in the whole tournament .. but he did miss sitters and that penalty. .for that .. off to the gallows with him ..

rest of the team was nothing special either.. except hargreaves!! boy oh boy ..what an irony the guy that whole england didnt wanted to see just scored the one and only penalty .. and what a penalty it was .. just goes on to show how narrow the english fans really are ...

brazil's out as well .. another shocker .. but after argenitna i was expecting that ..

germnay to win .. whos with me?

3. shak

shak Harrr!

@spy_game: .. yeah lol .. shearer is not known to be such an open talker but he did say the right thing .. i mean .. ronaldo was a total nut yesterday! falling like house of cards at slightest of touches .. and had a big role in gettin rooney the red ..
    i odnt know if you saw the footage but right before the start of the game ronaldo walks upto to rooney (when rooney is holding the ball at centre circle waiting for the ref to blow the whistle) and head butts him! and says something in rooney's ears with a mean a ol' frown on his face .. rooney though ignores that and just gives a painful smirk ..

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The Zizou magic has returned after a long time..I am seriously fancying France now,their midfield has finally come into its own and its showing.I had expected Brazil to show some real magic after going behind, but they gave in so tamely:annoyed:..
    Flop of the tournament for me : Ronaldinho

5. Late with my comments (as usual) so every one has stolen my thunder.

Well all I can say at least the one's who won deserved it.

As for the drama I love it - that's what mke the World cup for me.
    So much at stake and there is alway a clown. This time it's Rooney.

Hell, even though it was said tongue in cheek, predicting on IGT before the tournament that England would loose on penalties (and Rio would miss) I never dreamt it would actually come true.

Your right Shak, Lamps was a huge dissapointment.
    I felt he sould never been in the team after his last 10 game with Chelsea.
    He looks burnt out man.
    But Still these idiots pick old established players instead of having the courage to try new blood like Lenon.
    And Hey what happened to Walcot - all that hype and no guts.
    Which sums England up to a tee.

I believe it will be a France Germany final and the Germans will win because the home advantage will be too great on the French.

For me though Ziddane has be the best player in the World Cup and he is given everyone, including Ranaldinio a lesson in football.

because the are

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Zizou!
    Zizou!

HE was my favorite player in the last world cup (or the one prior :think: ). Am not following this one though.

France will win the world cup.

Viva la resistance!
    (whatever that meant)

Am sure Germany will also flop soon.

7. shak

shak Harrr!

waleed .. as for walcott i think it was just another one of sven's 'intelligent' moves that resulted in a great fiasco and a painful groan as usual.. this is how i take it ..
    rooney was out .. everyone knew rooney was a big psychological threat if nothin else (and indeed nothin else as he just proved this) and the other teams who take everything said by tabloids for granted took rooney seriously (as our tabys made such a fuss over him) .. so to keep the morale high . .sven created this new 'threat' called walcott .. so the tabloids would have something to cream on and the foriegn teams would buckle under thinking 'sven's got a backup secret weapon .. WALCOTT!!' .. so walcott was just there to fill the rooney's place .. until the over grown carrot would get well and kick england out of the worldcup ....
    so in short .. walcott=decoy ... to fool other teams .. walcott=mom's washing line ... on which fans could hang their hopes upon .... walcott=red herring ... he wasnt meant to play anyway .. it was just arsenal's guy in sven's team who was a smooth talker and gave theo some limelight so when he fails to perform in arsenal atleast he would get some commercials .. oh and yeah .. theo has a pretty girl .. that would get 'the sun' somethign to cream over ..

8. shak

shak Harrr!

southpark ..bigger longer and uncut ... thats what it is ;)

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

HEHE yeah, you got it!
    I just watched it again.

Ha so how's Modern Physics going on?

10. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

i wan italy to win now as england is out !

11. Your spot on, as ever, with your analysis.

12. Nik_six_stringz

Nik_six_stringz New Member

was quite busy these dayz n Finally, finally... after quite sometime i have got some time to write a post ( though have managed to watch all Da Matches )

i have been supportin!!!!! only 2 teams from da start! Netherlands n France!

n since da loss of Nethrlands ( who instead of domanatin most of da match n possesion couldnt score . though i think had VAn Nestelrooy played that mach instead of Kuyt that match , i believe it would have been a diffrent story ), i have been hopin 4 FRANCE to win!

they dint, play first 2 matches well! but It was in the second half against Togo really when they struck back thier form! n started playing like the champions they ARE , n from then on everyone knows what HAPPND!!

i always thought france had a pretty good chance of winnin da cup!! coz they have toomuch quality in thier side , n it was only a quetion of findin thier touch BAK!!

n the way Zidane has managed to roll bak the years is just amazing!!

Hes a legend! n still best in da world!! hes a magician with ball!!!

N Riberry has been excellent too!!

Though only concern for me is ERRATIC BARTHEZ (n he nearly lost it for french with his Bizzare save aginst Ronaldo freekick which Figo almost headed in )

Though u gotta feel for the English side as they lost on Penalties ! YET AAGAIN! ( n lost to Big PHIL yet AGAIN!!!!! )

n for the German side! n supporters (who were hopin thier team to reach final )

n THOugh eveeyone's talkin bout Final! THe match for 3rd Position b/w Por n Ger is gonna be a cracker of a match too!!(though not that significant ) but i am lookin FWD too it too!

And comin BAK to THE FINAL!!!!!! -- THE WORLD CUP FINAL......l

AZZURIS r lukin quite strong too n have conceded only one goal (that too an own goal ) through out the competition!!!!

Its gonna be a tough match!!

but I am rootin for FRANCE to win this one!!!!!! n have a feeling They might just do it!!

ZIZOU !!!!! ZIZOUUU!!!!!!!!

N i will end it as Alpha1 says

"VIva la resistance!!!!!!! "

Go FRANCE!!!!!!!! :beer:

:beerbob: