The Narrowband Scene in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by TheDevil, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

What is Up with Babudom and Beaurocracy.People around the world are bathing in bandwidth and we Indians are getting a meager drop of it.
    Loathsome disconnecting bullshit in the name of Unlimited plans, Grossly Overpriced packs, Data LIMITS, TIME LIMITS ??? Omg gimme a break whats up here.Its like 12 years since Internet was introduced here and its still being measured in Kbps ?
    128kbps - 500 bux
    256kbps - 1000 - 1200
    512kbps (Is a Luxurious Collectors Item) - 1800 to 2000 bux per month.
    People are getting Mbps and GBPS's worldwide for the same cost wtf !!!are we of a lesser kind ?
    I thought bandwidth was available at the same cost worldwide give or take few....What the Fu*k is Wrong with this country, even a downright measly thing as owning broadband is entangled within the grasp of cablewallas, Overhead Crow sliced wires, Underworld :eek::.............What the hell to DO ?

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Join the underworld.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Meh, wake-up you are living in a developing nation.
    Such problems are not just expected but welcome also.

If you crib like this, thousands of ppl will try to shut you up by throwing cliched statements like: ask not what your country can give to you, but what you can give to your country

vini likes this.
  4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Yeah, and you can't give them [strike]death metal[/strike] <TheDevil's tase in music>. :p:

I'm happy I have unlimited internet. I could care less about the speed - 256kbps on a cable line is as good as 64kbps dedicated sometimes. The limit thing is bullshit.

5. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

If anyone has faced a problem on BSNL BILLING, Like got a hefty bill or so unexpectedly .. Ping me. I know the internal billing system.

Bloody deceivers!

6. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Dint quite get u there champion ?

7. thehundredthone

Pardon me if I got your preference wrong. ;)

N.B: I'm not refuting any of your arguments or fighting with you. And no I haven't been laid and don't expect to be anytime soon. :giveup:

8. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

hmmm yea ToTALLY !!!

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Hmmm BSNL............Billion times better.....Try TATA, Exatt, Pacenet, Hathway, Airtell, Sify etc etc & feel the PAIN (literally :mad:)

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i use MTNL broadband.. i think it's alright compared to the rest.

smtimes i get 1-2 Mbps, the minimum i get is 256 kbps

11. thehundredthone

Hathway regularly overloads every evening. :mad:

@TheDevil: What's your taste in music. I assumed from your signature.

12. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Yeah and Hathway has capped their bandwidth to an unusble extent.
    MTNL TRIBAND ROXXX...........Its just that bastards dont have good plans....all are either data capped or time limited.
    There's a plan named 590NU.....500 bux per month + 1 GB data for a month :p:+night unlimited 12am to 8 am ??+ 256 kbps......SUXXXO

@hundredth: The dude in the avatar is a Symphonic Black Metal vocalist.And the names in my avatars are Black metal icons....Death metal is far off.....I also like thrash etc....btw was that the reason for mocking me ?

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

i got 590Nu... lol

night unlimited + 1GB per month, not 400 MB

the only prob is wakin up before 8 in the morn n switching the modem off n on :-/

but itna toh chalta hai, so works for me

also, they're upgrading all MTNL connections for no extra charges so i get 1-2 Mbps smtimes

it's supposed to get better

14. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

If they could just take off the Data cap !!

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

yeah.. that WOULD be great without having to pay more.

:(

16. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

LOL 2mbps + unlimited data & time for 500 bux, OMFG Pure *** !!

17. thehundredthone

I woulda switched to BSNL had they offered unlimited @2mpbs. I still may, for the dedicated line if nothing else.

Bah! For thehundredthtime, I'm not mocking you!
    Here's a breakdown of my obscure and undeniably deniable humour:

Experiment: Joke tying up TheDevil's rant and alpha1's complaint (against thousands of ppl)

Procedure:
    Note: At this juncture, as the reader you must understand that we can't give the general public anything other than bollywood/regional film songs. So we can't give the country anything (in the context of this forum, and more specifically TheDevil)! :shock:

Here this means you can't give the country (see above for context) the aforementioned because it's of no value to them. (even though it is of value to you) Hence they will use this as an excuse not to give you (refer alpha1's post) something that is valuable to you. (Based on the original cliche'd argument - refer alpha1's post)

Observation:
    The joke was misinterpreted as a jibe.

Inference:
    TheDevil isn't impressed by thehundredthone's comments.

Precautions:
    For person experimenting: Make humour less subtle
    For guinea pigs: Maintain sense of humour while reading forum posts.

On a side note,
    Thanking you :)

18. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

You still remember the 6th standard experiment formats :p:

19. thehundredthone

I had it until 12th ;)

20. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell