The IGT Soundtrack Covers Contest

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by d_ist_urb_ed, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

@alpha

point (1, 2 & 6) spot on with getting rid off the language n culture differences........ not makin it complicated but if u're restricting it some language then ofcourse u'll have exclude scores for accent especially (coz normally i've noticed ppl dont have a natural accent in english) .... so yeah good luck with song selection

point 5........ i think this would rather make things complicated .....considering we have a lot of so called n00bs......with no offence but u'll get more queries about this rather than any participation.........so yeah one recording is good enough

point 7 ....... beware!! junta or public is never happy! :p:

n i'll just add to it a bit........ im sure there are lots of good guitar players who cant sing or they dont......... so they might wanna record jus an instrumental only with no vocals (if they dont have any vocalist with them)........ so how would you go bout judgin that? .......... jus a food for thought

i know nothing is final yet.........trying to sort things out ASAP

2. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

yes...agree with alpha...

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*Ahem*
    My first line in my post was:
    "Well in that case you are talking about lyrics rather than music."

4. i m just waiting for the rules...after that i will decide that whether i need to participate or not..is it possible?

5. khuram82

I see........ now things have become quite different ...... just music? no vocals? sounds boring! i hope u get atleast 10 good contestants

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ :RollLol:
    Either you are acting oversmart or ignorant.
    How can you equate Vocal music to lyrics?

That means you have never ever heard of Jazz vocals.
    Or not even Indian Classical.

Come on!
    But anyway, if you really dont know then, usually the judges of anysinging competion don't exactly pay sole attention to pronunciation or accent.
    The ability of the voice to carry out variations/modulation in volume and frequency are more stressed upon.

Taht is what is meant by "music not lyrics".

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

i guess u be patient ...wait for rulez.... n thn give ur precious comments... :annoyed:

8. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Come on guys .. This is just a fun thing .. don't get over technical etc .. Just try and record the best you can n post ! (Of course based on whatever the rules are)

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What exactly do you have in mind? If there is something specific that you think needs to be addressed, spill it out and lets discuss it. Like I said before, we have 3 days in hand before the thing actually gets going.

I agree. Us judges will try and make our own job easier with rules and restrictions though.

10. khuram82

lets be a bit more decent? lets not judge others? or rather not make assumptions?

again a debate.... .... but a slight change in pronounciation or accent does effect the modulation/variations and it has mostly a negative effect in maintaining the correct rhythm (compared with the original song) .........

anyways ........ enjoy!

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Array.
    Let the problem come, we will take the bull by its horns, and take your help too in resolving such situations.
    :)

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Ill effects of being and IT professional .. I started thinking of priority queues using an ARRAY :eek::

13. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

cool i suggested bout this ages ago in the Feedback forum:)

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and I tried to make it happen :'(

15. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Can we do instrumentals????
    if so den i will say yes

16. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Im game, bring out the song list.

17. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

yes :D......to short eeewwwwwwww
    yes
    yes

18. sumantmodak

sumantmodak Musically Yours !!!

YES ! I want to participate

19. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Im in!

Only instrumentals though.

20. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Haha, nicely working out. Oh by the way, i forgot to mention, there are actually going to be prizes for the winner(s). Not the extremely redundant virtual "points", but something real that will be shipped to you. Hope that makes it more interesting ;)

I've been reading everything going on in the thread and rest assured we'll take into account everything while devising the logistics of the competition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.