The IGT SOUNDTRACK CONTEST:: Prizes to be won

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himanshu_sood

himanshu_sood New Member

i think there should be a songlist !

2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

songlist is bit to boring coz all u judges got 2 listen to tht song for like many times.. i think let the participants do there listin of songs n judges would be like audience,by da votin..the participant wid more votes wins!!! this is my suggesstiion.... :)

3. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

so u out of this thing!@!!!! :p:

4. god of guitar85

god of guitar85 GUITARPLAYER

well..... ur idea is good tht in particular round v hve 2 sing a song of particular genre. tht way there vil b litte interest and challenge in competition. a great singer is da one who can sing songs of any genre. he quickly adapts 2 it. but b4 all this atleast can v knoooooooooo da list of participants qualified

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Are BJR yaar! Result kya mere marne ke baad niklega?? :mad:

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, my apologies.

psst, you're in the next round <3

I'll bring out the entire list of 15 odd contestants the minute I can figure out what Round I is going to be.

7. himanshu_sood

himanshu_sood New Member

can still enter guys, please !!!!

8. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

well pm bjr for it..

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I see no reason to actually eliminate anyone from this round.

There have been no outrageous entries like Gaurav_Bravo or something in his league.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Bjr, that language thing wont work.

If you could groups teh contestants by genre, it would still be possible to judge. But, how do you plan to compare "Annie's Song" with "Masters of Puppet"?

11. jimy

jimy Musician

i think the languadge idea iznt gna work yaar
    the generation thing seems quite good
    bt every bdy got his own language here
    i think the songz may b like frm different generation.....bt it shudnt be sticking with english yaar....
    the song list idea may work....bt may b ur song list sound like boring to some of the contestents
    thats wt i got for it

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

why aren't yuo a part of the process as a judge though? or did you rebel elitely and silently like a ninja?

13. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

phew.......are we ever gonna get this contest started?? ....... i understand judges are not paid for the time they're spending over this matter......... but i jus wonder how long is it gonna take to judge the actual songs u're gonna get.....when u cant really decide what rules to go for ...in this contest...........im being skeptical

14. sumantmodak

sumantmodak Musically Yours !!!

since we are not at all ..... and not at all getting even the start point... i think destination is tooo too far !!!!! and the path may not be that easy....we all know how much time round one took ...
    oh sorry round1 is still going actually... so its still taking time. anyways..

here is the idea...

let's start a new !!! Contest !!! very simple one !!!
    some rules are already set .... as we see on TV...

Contest Type:

1. Hindi
    2. English

everybody posts ....their best new recording prepared for this contest.. we short list 5-8 in english and in hindi , by public votes or based on judges... who can sing well... not the ones. who dont know what "alaap" is !!! :)

After that simple....we make a e mail id. everybody posts their votes... or we take a public voting by some other way. and get this contest done !!!!

plz... think over it.. and i hope we can all together figure out what more we can add.. !!!

hopefully u all like it... or not.. this just what i felt .. and posting.. it

Sorry if u guys think its some mistake n all

15. sumantmodak

and since we are guitar forum...we will set one more simple rule.. and that all recordings must be ..either vocals only .. or using only guitar as background..and that too only one..

so vocal OR Guitar+Vocal , that should be fine..!!!

Everybody gives best shot.. submits one good recording for shortlisting.
    submission for strictly 2 weeks.
    3rd weeks sunday we will out the results
    next 2 weeks sumbmission of guys who are IN ROUND 2..

and in 5th week we bring out results of members voting !!! what u all guys say ?

16. sumantmodak

hey and khuram82

i loved ur recordings and specially videos on YOUTUBE...
    one day i want to play guitar like u ... simply fantastic sir !!! Hats Off !! Bravo !!

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If you want, I could start the contest right away...but then it would be my rules in place and I'm quite sure not a lot of people would be happy with that. I understand that people are going to bitch no matter what but I didn't want this contest to be an autocracy enslaved to my whims and fantasies.

If you want a better outlet for your frustration, I could make round 1 a punk round so you can make a hate song for IGT judges. I'm nice that way.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

As far as inputs regarding teh elimination round is concerned, I already said: since none of the entries is in the league of xxx_bravo, I would clear all.

1. If being judge = assigning scores to contestants, then where is the scoreboard?
    2. If being judge = making teh scoreboard as well as assigning scores, then why doesnt administration simply say so.

Strictly speaking, I felt (after a brief period of some optimism) that things are moving.
    But not anymore for the past one month now. (Except for the people who are posting their covers)

And then we all come to know that it is still not decided as to how to actually execute/implement the contest.

See, if teh admins/mods dont have any idea about how this thing is to be implemented, then that should have been made clear initially; instead of making us feel that "everything is being taken care by us, and you have to only judge the recordings"

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

psh, now that it seems that no one else has made the scoreboard....how about you and I getting together and making one with loads and loads of TLC :boff:

lets get this thing down and done...we can be Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul!

<3

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ok

:boff:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.