The IGT Awards 2006

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by bjr, Sep 19, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

***oops***

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Holy Shit I remember my password!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

How did you manage to land up here?

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

A little bird told me about the budday waala thread.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

... ah, looks like you still bird wathcin'.

6. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

good times

7. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@GNR - I agree .. :/

8. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

i don't see why everyone's always looking to the past. i mean we have quite a few active members of many kinds (except girls) all we need to start doing is to make things exciting
    and that only happens when there is major cyber bullying :cool: we need to kick ass rather than be the "hey buddy" kind of friends !

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

"We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today. I don't think it was, and I would advise you not to wait ten years before admitting today was great. If you're hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time." - Art Buchwald

10. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Morbid - If bullying is without name swearing, then should be fun .. Friendly and in limit ofcourse !

@Bjr - nice quote there !

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Except that it is used in-appropriately on this thread.
    We've not had the levels of "spammy" activities on this board ever since - and hence any nostalgia IS indeed justified.

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Except that even then we had older members wishing for the older IGT and the older people...which does justify the quote.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Except now: all that ppl (check out the recent posts) want is a similar level of activity, not ppl ...
    :p

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, but one of the main problems the older people had with us was the "spamming" (I hate that word). You were banned 134324 times because of it. Not everyone was a fan of the level or type of activity we had then.

Did you really think you were having the time of your internet life then? I seem to remember the general consensus being that we were online because we had nothing better to do...you were at an IT job with long hours and I was at a college I didn't attend. And one of the pet defense mechanisms that a lot of people presented were "haha, you are such an internet geek. I, on the other hand, have a real life with real life friends and real life drama and action and all of the other things."

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaha true.
    But then a quick pwning (which usually happens on spam threads) on teh interwebs always adds a dash of happiness to the person in real life also.

Its like this:
    when I visit a site, I expect to be entertained.
    Doesn't mean I am glued to the site for entertainment.

16. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

+1000000000 (character limit)

spam and those heavy debate threads.