The harmony of music and Weed.........

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by basit_jaaaani, Oct 13, 2006.

1. jozko

jozko Banned

I think weeds are used not just by artists. afaik, it creates no abilities. One might float or sink depending on the balance of underlying mind.

If my vocabulary is 100 words, taking weed won't double it to 200. And if I try to write a poem with 100 words and weed, chances are more of these 100 words randomly come to my mind than if I try without getting high. And I might link those words in a better way. That doesn't mean I can write a good poem which public generally accept. And if I do write a great poem, chances are I already had that poetic skills there even before. Artists sometimes mention inspiration. most usually get it from things and events around and they get 'high' in a way then. it is then equally dangerous when they drive a car as it is after a joint or few drinks.

You can say anything, even say Bob Marley is 'mine' :p: :nw: To me Bob Marley is more a natural artist than trained musician.

I am not for or against. Things get bad only when people handle things that they can't wisely handle.. weed, women, words, wine, wealth, wisdom...whatever

2. jozko

jozko Banned

For those interested in reading here's excerpt from a travelogue by Sandhya Reddy on Malana. She writes

"This place is intoxicating. You would ask me why ? It is because this is the only place in India, where growing Marijuana or Cannabis is legal. All the families own fields, where marijuana is the main crop cultivated. Their material is supposed to be the best in the country. The place is Malana. Marijuana and Malana, wow, they also rhyme."

More at https://offthebeatentrail.blogspot.com/2005/08/marijuana-unlimited-at-malana.html

She has written excellent travelogues on www.indiamike.com under ID lonelyaztec. All very good articles.
    What a great forum indiamike is!!! any indiamikers here??

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correct.
    In most of the cases you really don't need to enhance YOUR ability in order to excel. All it requires is concentration and getting IN to it.
    For some people that happens ONLY when they are under influence.

Anyway it was really stupid to link composing music to driving a car.
    Both are unrelated. Had you even suggested about playing an instrument and comparing THAT to driving, it would've made some sense.

4. jozko

jozko Banned

did i link to composing music? Anyway stupid to u sensible to me. Some people have told me about extreme CONCENTRATION while driving (real or in game) after drinks or joints than without. They said enjoying it. Ofcourse they have to know driving. But if I am in the car and they are driving, I might feel itz dangerous not so funny. Later they say accidents usually occur because of driving in busy public roads because others drivers/public's reaction is not as sharp as the weed drivers. It is safe on say a Maidan

And I read in some articles that weed consuming artists like Bob Marley were viewed skeptically of being dangerous after getting high. People fear they might smash guitars, mic or throw things. Initiate violence. Some might do some don't. They enjoy some produce good music. Some dislike they are say violence danger. So I am linking driving and music after joints. Do i get banned for that?

btw are u composer? i am neither composer, i don't know driving cars, playing guitar nor i consume weed. that's why i posted here. I get high talking abt things i don't/can't do. :p:

Will try my best next time. I am thinking suggesting learning guitar to that of learning to types. First we type letter(note) by letter, then words(chords) come as groups of letters in one go. there could be grammer or scales. If not you could call it modern. Makes sense?? :beer:

ok quitting. agree to all ur posts, a while ago agreed to your reason for Paki cricketer getting dropped. Well I don't play/like cricket too

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ :nw:
    You are just like Jayaswami

6. jozko

jozko Banned

hey Alpha Jayswami is someone i respect a lot. lol, man no offence, just time pass, no offence honestly. I hope we're both taking in that spirit. sincerely.

7. jozko

jozko Banned

and what i just posted in cricketers thread too, no offence to any

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahahaa

Man, I never take e-world that seriously.
    :)

BTW I could be talking about any Jayaswami - for instance there is one Jayaswami Murugan @ my office :)

9. jozko

jozko Banned

^LOL And I donno e-tiquette
    check my spelling of Jayswami and urs lol. I was talking of 'a' less(er) Jayswami

more beer. beer finished :(

10. basit_jaaaani

basit_jaaaani I'm gUnnin' fer uuu

interesting posts up there guys very informative
    but the original topic was "how good music sounds and feels when you're lifted"

11. jozko

jozko Banned

^ yes, sorry.
    Jaani u r very peaceful IGTian Much cooler than non-weeders, rgds

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

music sounds good to me anyway...

13. basit_jaaaani

not picking on anyone in particular, but i must say i've seen the most ignorant people on IGT.

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

define ignorance.

15. basit_jaaaani

it is exactly wut ur state mind is right now my friend
    to put it simply, it's LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

16. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Haha...

you're thinking is brilliant.

17. basit_jaaaani

again i must say thanks for ur opinion which doesn't matter

18. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

"Jaani hath nahi, faasi ka fanda hai"

19. basit_jaaaani

say wut movie's that from?

20. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

I was hoping you wouldn't ask me... but if I'm not wrong, Sholay(?)