The God: Joe Satriani

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sayanakaharry, Aug 14, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I will post some soon.. Nice clips man..

2. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Thanks Jay. Looking forward to listening to some of your stuff :beer:

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

my thought exactly, i also think that satch is content wise more mature than vai.

4. jayanth

Sayan i have to disagree.. Check out Petrucci's stuff.. Or Vai's stuff.. They have better degree of tone, Quality and neatness..

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

ya... I also prefer petrucci and vai contentwise but thata basically because their style caters more to my musical tastes.

6. jayanth

Yhea same here Essi... I find their songs challenging and sonic..

7. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Petrucci is great no doubt, but I was kind of dissapointed when i saw a G3 bootleg of Satriani/Vai/Petrucci. Petrucci tried to make his music so darn complicated and technical, it didn't even feel like music.....to me it sounded more like an Atari game soundtrack......But yeah....i have to agree with esgallindeion. It all boils down to personal taste. I love satriani's tone....but there are so many who literally hate his tone and his bloody Boss DS1. Satriani is a huge fan of Hendrix and tries to keep his setup similar to Hendrix. Has anyone seen Satriani's Live in San Francisco DVD? His setup was soooo freggin simple....i was awed. He doesnt even use any complicated rack or midi controller....just one vloume knob to control his dirty and clean sound....

He amazes me in every way. :beer:

8. jayanth

True that Satch setup is good.. Petrucci is Better :rock:

9. sonnet

sonnet New Member

10. jayanth

My Frigde will aslo look like that i guess. Only a 5150 instead of the Mesa Boogie..

11. sayanakaharry

@jayanth
    ya i dont think we will ever agree on this point and no matter what u say ill always like satch better bcoz it all matters on the taste

@sonnet
    ya i saw the g3 concert video u r talking about and ur damn right petrucci tried too hard. also i have the live in SF video ur talking about and man, thats awesome.

12. jayanth

I have the Video too.. You better check out stuff from LTE then TALK.. :p

13. sonnet

sonnet New Member

sayanakaharry, yeah I loved that LIve in SF video too (Does the video have the footage of his live rig...and behind the scene stuff? That's something to see too).

Also, Did you see his Cool # 9 video. I am not sure if its available in India, but see if you can manage it. It shows his studio sessions with Nathan East (Eric Clapton/Fourpaly's bass player), Andy Fairweather (E. Clapton). Manu Chashe (Drummer of Sting...sorry about the spelling)

You really should see how satriani works in the studio...Amazing!! I love his bluesy tone...to me its something to die for. Peturicci is very picky about his gears. His tone is great too...more ballsy...metalish....i liked metal once...but now i would like to return to the roots :nw:

Did you listen to his latest album....."Is there love in space"...its really great. I really loved it. check it out if you haven't.

14. jayanth

I have the Cool # vid.. But I feel Petrucci has better experience cause Mark Shnyder is a genius with Gear.. But Talking about Picky Gears.. Satch is the worst. .His guitars kind of are ok.. But those Peavey Amps really SUCK.. The Only Peaveys that were amazing were used by Eddie Van Halen, To whom if you compared Satch i would kick you.. :)

15. sayanakaharry

ya ur right about those amps.
    man i heard "is there love in space" and it ROCKS.
    can any of you play Vai's tender surrender or bad horsie??

16. jayanth

I can PLay Bad Horsie.. Have played it in a solo event and won it..

17. sayanakaharry

wow ive bin trying to get bad horsie for almost six months now.

18. jayanth

simple.. Its on the G Major Pentatonic scale.. And its freakin simple..

19. sayanakaharry

what about the fretboard tapping in the middle.

20. sonnet

sonnet New Member