The God: Joe Satriani

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sayanakaharry, Aug 14, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

How many of you can play FOr the Love of god, SUmmer SOng, Flying In a Blue dream, Top Gun theme etc??

2. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

i playe topgun anthem and danger zone. ..

3. chetan

chetan New Member

yep, i do too... but not the satriani version.

my a list would include - joe sat, eric johnson, steve vai, john petrucci, paul gilbert and yngwie malmsteen

dimebag is an awesome shredder... btw, i saw him in a restaurant called Denny's in Pennsylvania 2 years ago

4. jayanth

Should have gone upto him and Said Jays your Biggest fan.. Che...

Topgun theme is something which i love to play over and over and over.. My band hates me for this repeatedness..

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I can play Topgun theme, flying in a blue dream... I am midway into For the Love of God (till the insane whammying) and I gave up on Summer Song bcuz it just doesn't sound good playing only the lead part. You need a whole band to jam on it.

6. jayanth

Summer SOng is cooll.. Playing it on stage is cooler.. For the Love is simple.. Just play the ntes for get the whammy.. Add the whammy once you complete the whole song..

7. esgallindeion

hmm... k, ill try it that way. Sounds like a good approach.

8. jayanth

It worked for me..

9. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Great topic...sayanakaharry...He is no doubt a great musician. I have met him in one occassion. He is such a down-to-earth type of guy....He literally made me feel uncomfortable.......It was like going to meet your God and finding out he is only a human...haha

Check out my pics i took with him:

https://www.sonnetgomes.com/music/mewithsatch.htm

Long Live Joe! :)

10. jayanth

Cooll. YOu've met him Sonnet..

:eek: I've met Strings.. :p

11. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

wow ur lucky to have actually met the maestro. i think he is the very best of all times.

12. jayanth

Not only met.. Look at the picture.. And look at all the equipment he has..

13. sonnet

sonnet New Member

hey...yeah guys....it was somewhat a dream to meet him. I just feel more in touch with his music. He is not really a technical virtuoso like Petrucci, Vai or other metal guitar players...but i find him very musical.....anwyays...let this topic be about Satriani.....why compare apples with oranges :)

------
    hey Jayanth...i guess you are talking about my gears...its not much really..haha..it just somehow accumulated through years...and years of selling and buying. I checked out your stuff too. Nice looking guitar you have. The finish on that guitar is really beautiful. The bass is a bit to pointy...but..hey its all rock 'n roll baby :rock:

Checking out the rest now.

Cheers.

PS: Jayanth ...my gut tells me you were talking about satriani's equipments...haha....thats nothing man. That was just a small show in a club. He will be performing next tuesday with Deep Purple...i wonder how many 32 tracks console they will chain together and how many lighting engineers they will need and not to mention the speakers and Subs.....yeah baby..... :rock:

14. jayanth

The Bass is a Warlock imitation.. Rather inspired by Warlock. Cause its not the same.. The Guitar is a custom Neck Thru with my own finish and Floyd rose. .And the Inlays are nOn Ivory(i'm against Animal Killing) .. I'm planning to get a GNX 4 or GT6 .. And buying the DV8 -R Dave Mustaine Signature ESP v.. Now i will own Both Megadeth signature guiatrs. Also my bro believes that A Paul Reed Smith is every guitarists must and its a Status Symbol. So He's gettign one fore my Bday..

15. sonnet

sonnet New Member

yeah man....really cool. I wish i had brother like that...

Have you tried the Line 6 POD? Digitech is okay but I really dont know what's happening with the company these days. They are just shooting after profit and less worried about customers...

Boss GT6 is good too, but i recently bought the POD...and i was blown away. Many pros also prefer to use pod. you might want to compare them side by side and see which one you prefer.

good luck yo.

16. jayanth

If i buy a POd , I will want to build a whole rack. I have my rack specs ready. I even have a TC G FORCE and Intellifex unopened in USA.. Its supposed to come soon.. But i dont want to build the rack without the Peavey 5150 Amp which at the moment i cant afford.. So the GT6 is just a temporary Solution.. So i'm just waiting and waiting .. to see whats gonna happen..

17. esgallindeion

U've met Satriani! :jealous: Well, I have met Steve Vai! ;)

Thats funny, I would consider Satriani a more technical guitarist than the others, especially his music knowledge.

18. jayanth

ME jealous of both of you..

19. kirti_narayanan

kirti_narayanan New Member

I find Yngwie Malmsteen amazing too.....very fast! joe - i like a love thing, always with u......, cryin, crystal planet

20. sonnet

sonnet New Member

Yeah man....Steve Vai is really a great guy too. I have seen his G3 concert, but never got to meet him. He is a great entertainer.....he knows how to steal the show.

Anyways...back to topic. Of course, Satriani is very technical, but he prefers to play with more emotion rather than muscles. I actually find it very hard to comeup with a nice melodic line than to shred with 200 BPM on the fretboard....haha..

check out some of my satriani cover songs: it has been recorded on a tape machie...so please ignore the hiss.....i am on my way to upgrade to a PC recording setup very soon :)

https://www.sonnetgomes.com/mp3/mp3clips.htm

(You can also download my stuff at the bottom of the page. i recommend give a listen to "Journey into the unknown")

cheers.

PS: Hey i am relatively new here, but i would love to hear everyone else's stuff. Do you guys have any section that promotes underground/amateur artists...