The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tejas

tejas ..........

Maybe it is, only time will tell. And yeah, BAR need to do something aswell. They were so good last year, can't believe they are doing so bad this year.

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@Tejas...i dont think Schumi has a 'very good' chance of winning this year. Competition is tough. Renault are just not underdogs, they are pretty challenging. 3 Races are over however ferrari hasn't shown as expected or as challenging.

Update: Jordan gonna check what was wrong with kartikeyan's car in the last race on friday since the car would only be delivered to Europe this Thursday.

3. Taifi

Taifi New Member

san marino grand prix is gonna b totally awesome. ferrari r gonna try to do whatever they can to win the race. it is their home grand prix, right?

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Yes, Imola sits right in the heart of Ferrari country. But I actually prefer Monza as a race track to Imola. Monza's more fun, more entertaining, much faster than Imola and results in more spectacular crashes and engine failures. It's been toned down over the years to make it safer but when I used to watch Formula 1 in the days of Michael Schumacher with Benetton, Monza was an absolute monster of a track.

5. tejas

tejas ..........

I don't like Imola, it took the life of the greatest racer ever, Ayrton Senna. I guess you can't blame the track, but I still don't like it.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yeah...Senna rocked man

7. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

my favourite F1 track is the belgian one .. spa francochamps ....love it to death ... its very very exciting ... the one i hate the most is the french one at magny cours ...

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, Spa is my favourite too,followed my Monaco, but I like Magny cours aswell. Its good. I don't like Imola and the Canada one, Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve. The latter is quite boring.

9. death_metal_fan

No one mentioned Hockenheim? That's one mean speed circuit.

10. tejas

tejas ..........

Hockenheim was a mean speed circuit, before it was modified in 2003. Its still fast, but no more the fastest circuit on the map. The made a whole new inner section, which i didn't quite like, maybe because I'm so used to the all out speed of the circuit.

11. death_metal_fan

Damn I didn't know that. Anyway I just checked it out on Formula1.com and this modified circuit looks completely gay; nothing like the old Hockenheimring. What a waste of a good track.

12. fictional_real

Hockenhiem and Imola circuit are boring for me. Such circuit are big tests for engines built for killer speed. Silverstone circuit(Britian) is something more chanllenging, it has big straight roads with little angles makes drivers stand on their toes. I like circuit like belguim one, Very kewl.

Also, Monte Carlo circuit sux big time. NO way you can overtake some1.

13. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

MONZA is the mecca of speed devils like me ... though spa is just gorgeous ...

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

brazil+rain == amazing race !!

15. tejas

tejas ..........

@FR - Monaco may not provide any over taking opportunities, but its a test for the drivers, and I love watching all the pile-ups on that track.

And the A1 ring was a great track, pity it was taken off the calendar. I also like last section of the Indianapolis track. And I don't like the Hungaroring.

16. fictional_real

@tejas....A1 ring has like 4 or 5 RIGHT turns and then big left to take right down to the circuit. nice one but nothing beast spa circuit. Yeah, last section of indianapolis is interesting since the two turns, one left and one right are taken at very small speed and then a big constant right turn for last section makes drivers very nervous.

@gnrlies....thumbs up! ;)

@dennis ....you kidding? rains just messes up everythng man. bridgestone tyres sux at rains, you should see ferrari beggin for speed at rains. it just dissappoints.

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^which is exactly why i like it

18. fictional_real

Refreshing the thread!

Watsup guys? When is the next Grand prix?

19. death_metal_fan

It's the weekend of the 24th.

20. tejas

tejas ..........

Yeah, 3 weeks break. Giving ferrari all the time they need, seems like. Lets see how the next one turns out.