The Formula 1 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Asmodeus, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Wanted to post this early on, but again, the forum had some bugs in it...

So, the season got underway with the Australian GP qualifying session today, and boy, there were a few surprises...

1) Kimi Raikonnen gets pole position with Ferrari - although he maybe running on slightly lesser fuel as comapared to the McLarens... there was a huge time difference between him and Alonso

2) Massa couldn't qualify in the top 10s.. damn...

3) The Super Aguri's went from zero to hero.. and that too with a souped up, last year's Honda! Lovely unpredictability moment...

4) The colour job on the Honda's and the Renault, especially the world photo on the Honda...

5) Lot of new drivers and faces

So, predictions?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Yes...everyone will go around the track an incessantly excessive number of times while all the patrons in the audience wait for someone to fcuk up and kill themselves.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

i only wanna know if it was renault or alonso!

now since alonso has changed side .. we'll know wont we?

-----------------------------------------------------------

love the honda's paint job .. or should I say graphic job ...

4. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

I think it was alonso.The guy is talented .I hate the sissy though.My prediction is ferrari will bounce back strongly with raikkonen leading(he needs a bit of luck though)

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

alonso definatly... even fisichella had the same car but the difference was huge between him and alonso last year... but FERRARI RULZ :beer:

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm.. well, damn Alonso...

For a Schumi supporter, Alonso will forever be the guy whom everybody respects, but no 1 likes... he's got talent, I agree, but I'd still have him prove it...

Renault, well, their car this year is not as great as it was last year... McLaren have indeed done a lot of work with their cars, and team effectively... but then again, it's McLaren... reliability will come in, some time or later...

Again, if you take the issue of driver or team, I say Ferrari maybe in for some shockers, considering the reputation Kimi had with McLaren...

I thin this season is gonna be the most open ended one in recent years...

McLaren has good cars, and it showed - both their drivers managed to perform well... Alonso & the new chap there, were almost runing on par, especially Alonso will do better than the new chap, cuz he has ****in experience!

7. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

schumi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^ Yeah, for now, his prescence will sorely be missed...

But seriosuly, if you were to look at F1 as a sport now, it's gonna be damn unpredictable... atleast till midway, with the dark horses (read: BMW, and I can put in Renault here) challenging the two big teams of this year, Ferrari and McLaren...

I'm rooting for Ferrari, and Massa specifically. Kimi, well, he'll have to grow on me, never like them damn McLaren trades... sheesh...

Would really love it if the McLarens do a British GP, if the smarks here know what I'm talking about!

9. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Raikonen is more of a rookie but since he's signed up with Ferrari it won't take time for him to be an experienced champ..
    Yeah,I'm also interested to know if renault was actually good or was Alonso making it good (personally believe the latter)
    I'm worried that if McLaren hasn't come up with a better,reliable car than last year or Alonso doesn't stand up to his expectations there may be an all the way Ferrari (Kimi) victory which'll make the season boring..

10. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i miss shumi :cry1:........evn though he was arrogant nd unsporting at times...

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

schumi wasnt arrogant... it wasnt his fault if he was too good for others.. they were just jelous of him... not his fault..

12. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Well, well, well...

Kimi just won the damn race! Looks like reliability issues were with old McLaren... but still, he needs to keep up the same pace to win us Ferrari fans over, completely.

Highlights of the race:

Massa's superb drive - right from 22 to no. 6 - and that to on a 1 stop strategy! Superb brilliant driving...

The new kid, Hamilton - showed a lot of promise! Kudos man!

Super Aguri's finishing the race... lolz...

Lot's more...

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya... it was a great start... kimi pawned everyone.... that crash of coulthard was amazing, the other driver( forgetting who he was) was really lucky coulthard's car didnt hit him right in his FACE

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

^^ and yeah that hamilton kid was a real surprise package.. he's a great driver

15. shak

shak Harrr!

damn time difference .. couldnt watch the race live .. might catch it this evening

16. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Oooh impressive Kimi...hope you can keep this up.

Well, it was clearly Alonso and not renault as you can see Fisichella was outpaced by his teammate totally...

The toyotas and the hondas seem to be havin' HUGE problems..no traction..grip nor speed.

Mclaren seems much stronger this year, maybe they can have Alonso as world champ again..reliability seems cool too.

Great to see a F1 thread thats bein used :)

You used Steve's quoted words ;)

I dunno whom to support now..Kimi n' Alonso were both ma favourites.
    :grin:
    Peace. ..kk

17. ajitmat_24

ajitmat_24 New Member

Well, whatever will be predictions and results, I guess this year will be full of excitment minus shumi

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ya specially after a series of gay threads...

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I dunno about it being cleanly Alonso and not Renault.. they had a supreme care last time around. This year, they went ahead and re-did the car, and for some inexplicable reason, the car doesnt seem to be in the league they've crafted for themselves. I say give them some more time... Reanult's not a cheap team, they can bounce back...

Although, it could be that Alonso might just be the guy who adds in the extra "X" factor to a team, just like Schumi did... be it motivation, or creating an aura of nothing can stop us, I think that's talent, but it will have to be proved. You're forgetting that McLaren have indeed won championships with Mika, and when Mika left, they, like the present Renault, went ahead and "evolutionised" the car, to obtain stupid results...

I'm sure of one thing tho, this season is indeed gonna be av ery nice, competitive one to watch. I hope it gets so engrossing that I can wasily forget Schumi's abscence.

20. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

I always would have preffered F1 minus Schumi.

He ruled the game n the rookies never got a chance..Kimi had bad luck with McL so its VERY good he joined Ferrari. Alonso might have been better in the Renault coz the McLaren dont look as fast as the Ferrari..

This time I think the reliability has gone up and Alonso IS motivating the team like Schumi for Ferrari..but i doubt if Alonso can be champ this time too..

Kimi had almost won it 2 yrs back :'(..he deserves it now although i like alonso more as a driver ryte now..

Plus, I also feel David Coulthard should have another chance in a better car..he might do well..better than last time. He was never so poor to be deserving a suxXx car like red bull..damn

3 weekz gap for next race so lame..