the f chord always eludes me.......

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by whoz_ur_daddy, Jan 19, 2005.

1. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

i always get my f chord wrong, especially the first two strings, i can never get them pressed enough with the index finger, is there something i can wear on my finger so that i can get the strings down enough. it is almost impossible to play barre chords when the guitar is tuned on a high pitch, the string being highly streched. help......without this there is no way i can play power chords. :annoyed:

2. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

ahh..the F chord for begginners :( ..i know my friend what the feeling u get when u can't play the F chord...its really very discouraging...but there is no shortcut to success...keep playing..and what i did is this that whenever i hold my guitar to play i first tried to play the F chord...and that worked...keep practising....
    regards.

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I know it's frustrating to hear it again but the only answer is PRACTICE, PRACTICE and more PRACTICE.

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yeah dude we all have had the same problem...keep practising it and believe me one day it WILL come out properly....just a matter of time...

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

the thig is i think u r trying to make it sound really crisp.. dont fight it play it just as it sounds.. it will get crisp one day..

6. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

The positioning of the index finger matters. try to hold down the 1st 2 strings with the side of ur index finger, rather than pressing them down with the flat of the finger. position your other fingers first and bring down the index finger last. see if this helps. I got the F chord to play well pretty quickly using this technique.

7. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

check my reply to the same topic posted by someone else, i've tried to help with some basic tips

8. mathai

mathai Mathai Learns To Rock

Power chords are played without barring the frets...

9. Dhoon Master

Dhoon Master New Member

banbaja can u give an idea of playing RPG pattern of strumming