The Complete Guide: From buying guitar to playing songs with chords

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by vishwa_81us, Oct 7, 2005.

1. manjuddivakar

manjuddivakar New Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to this site and I want some information actually I have just started playing guitar and I cannot understand when u say like for eg:
    Fm G C Gm
    I have learnt few chords but where can I get the chord grid pattern for the extra chords that we use while playing a song mostly in hindi and what about the strumming pattern like if it is give chord Am how many times do I strum that perticular chord(down down up down down up 4/4 pattern).
    Can any one plz help me and I really found this forum helpful and amazing.
    thanks a lot.
    bye.

2. Veenu Jaideep

Veenu Jaideep New Member

Thank you Vishwa,

I am learning to play the Guitar, and finding it pretty difficult at the moment, your feedback has really given me a hope.

I do not understand Chords (as of now), as my trainer is training me tabs (scales), so could you please please and please send your experiences on tabs.

I am practicing my finger movement on all the six strings at the moment. can play "happy birthday" tune on tabs.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,
    Veenu Jaideep

3. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

we all grow up with time
    yeah u have to be patient and give it time
    thing is i realised the true potential of igt a bit too late
    i wasted 6 mnths of my 1.5 yrs playing career swapping teachers
    now i'm slowly getting the heck of it

i rly have problem holding the barre c nd d chords
    ne suggestions ppl?

4. vikramroi

vikramroi New Member

nice work man appriciate your hard work and sharing with our guiter community
    Keep up the good work
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

5. vikramroi

vikramroi New Member

nice site thanks for sharing man:banana:

6. DJnu

DJnu New Member

help with me the strumming yaar....i have been playin for 4 months now and m able to play perfectly with mu thumb and not with the plectrum....while playin with the plectrum i get stuck....what should i do.......should i continue playin with the thumb??? help me yaar

7. summurr

summurr New Member

Thanks for the tips. They helped alot!

8. PRASENJIT RAKSH

PRASENJIT RAKSH New Member

Hi Vishwa!Thanks 4ur guide. Though I am learning guitar since last one year, but till date I could not strum properly. Sometimes I also could not understand from which Chord should I start. Strumming pattern is also confusing. Plz advice.

PRASENJIT RAKSH

9. sachin_k

sachin_k New Member

Awesome!! This has a great help for any self learner like me! Thanks again..

10. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

Nice job. Very useful information for those new to guitars and seeking a starting point. The goals listed make it easy for the beginner guitarist to not ponder the question "where do I go from here?" (at least not for a few weeks)

11. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

thanx alot guyz for ur support..

12. sachin_maddy28

sachin_maddy28 New Member

thanks dude...

13. hiteqthechamp

hiteqthechamp New Member

thanx brother

but I don't understand may points you've said
    and can you please send me the tabs for the chords you were talking about, I mean I don't know anything about them
    All I know is that I've bought a guitar, I'm really serious to learn playing it and that friens online can help me do that
    I could go to some guitar classes after a complete year, my parents won't allow me to go till I complete my +2 and I can't wait that long....
    so please help me

14. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

15. mohitsharma69

mohitsharma69 New Member

biginner

Hi thie mohit i 'v just bought a new hollow Gibson guitar but unable to play it coz i know nothin about it can u be my tutor and give lessons to play it
    waitin for ur reply

16. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

Hi mohit.. welcum 2 the world of guitarists.. i will help u as much as i can.. but u have 2 be ur own tutor.. grab a chord chart book from google.. and start learning chords..

17. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I saw someone posting for soloing...well the best way i know to pick that is practice scales( i mean do re mi...)
    there are so many of them...first go with the major ones then try the alternative and pentatonic ones.

18. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I can post the tabs if someone wants

19. ankita09

ankita09 New Member

Hi..good thread.ya..i m new to guitar..i know lal chords..but strumming is really horrible..plesae tell me how shld i improve upon that...?? reply soon..bye thanks

20. gaurav.biotech

gaurav.biotech New Member

Ajnabbe sng from movie SUPERSTAR

please any one can send me the chords of this lovely song "ajnabi khwab me dekha tha jo " from movie superstar.