THE BEST BAND in the history of rock /pop IS???????

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by EP/*rocks*/, May 15, 2008.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

he did play some mind boggling leads and melodies

2. augur

augur I love bjr

I know... but just pointing out that 95%, if not all, of the songs had power chords.

3. distorted

distorted satan

My choices:
    System of a down
    Metallica
    Children of bodom
    Godsmack

4. denil

denil New Member

MetallicA, LP and Led Zeppelin!!!...they are legendary!!

5. swapy4in

swapy4in New Member

Linkin park rules.............................

6. gig zeplin

gig zeplin New Member

My Fav

Zeplin is the best. no one can match them.They actually started what we called hard rock.
    greenday is best in punk and when it comes altenative linkin park is best.

7. bangash

bangash New Member

what r u guys on crack theres no AC/DC or sabbath in there this cant b a list without them

8. chaosfrommusic

chaosfrommusic New Member

--Bands popular in now days--
    LINKIN PARK
    Foo Fighters
    3 Doors Down
    Metallica
    Green Day
    FlyLeaf
    My Chemical Romance

9. Metalhead101

Metalhead101 New Member

The best band ever is The Beatles! Y? coz they started the whole rock thing...Others carried it on...But for me, ill have to say Metallica...not soo extreme n not soo low..just perfect, they got tough solos, awesome songs n catchy riffs...I love green day as well as they make a song good without solos(try playing the intro of Minority, its ****ing hard!! but i got it finally)...The best guitarist ever? Jimi Hendrix!! Its an uninanimous decision..d guy plays solos with his teeth!!(youtube)..best drummer - Dave lombardo(Slayer), best bassist - Cliff Burton, Les Claypool, best band ever besides the Beatles? Hard to choose...seriously...cant say on this one...
    there u have it...i said it all..

Cheers...

10. vbpart4

vbpart4 "the one"

Tool! :D
    and floyd, oasis and megadeth :D

11. sanujit44

sanujit44 New Member

MAIDEN's gotta be no.2...it deserves dat spot..after all it introduced new wave of british metal n power metal to the world of music..AND its undoubtedly the most popular band in europe ..(chck out Metalhead:A Headbanger's Journey)

12. dj_007_2

dj_007_2 New Member

the best rock band

first off all the list is not complete and is off no use coz no acdc,ratm,soundgarden,pantera ,motorhead,venom.so i will say this list sucks coz b.adams ,moron 5(real name),gnr one the list great man great job lame rocker

13. iamsachin

iamsachin New Member

Repeat :D
    Fat the Wuck!!! Wat is Linkin park doing here, they are not even rock, they are alternate rock who use lotta rap and hip hop elements.....turntable and a single guitar doesnt make them rock band, and all they do with thr guitar is play power chords, nothing else..
    Moreover the later part of ur list includes not so legendry bands.
    The legends according to me are:-
    1) Led Zeppelin
    2) Deep Purple
    3) Eagles
    4) Pink Floyd
    5) Metallica
    6) Pink Floyd
    7) The Doors
    8) Iron Maiden
    9) Nirvana (Their Music was simple, but innovative)
    10) Queen
    11) AC/DC
    12) Black Sabbath
    13) Dire Straits
    It is sad that these days we dont find any bands which go as great as these legends. We dont get to listen many lead endings also now

14. iamsachin

iamsachin New Member

Linkin Park is infact the most boring so called "ROCK" Band available...I feel that its for the beginners who are new to rock music...

15. EP/*rocks*/

EP/*rocks*/ New Member

hey

how can you say that buddy they are the nominees of the best international band!!!!!!!!!!!!11

16. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

IRON MAIDEN, METALLICA, n NIRVANA

are the

GODS OF METAL!!
    \m/

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

um, no.

no.

18. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

why,

oh why????

just cuz Nirvana does Grunge?
    awrite ......take it.......
    its just another form of rock for me

its that his songs r just awesome

LAKE OF FIRE being the eg here.......

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

metal is not a synonym for awesome.

20. iamsachin

iamsachin New Member

They are alternate rock band, and more intended towards Pop and Hip Hop material....Here in India and also at many other places people start listening rock Music with Linkin Park and so they become hard core fan of, but dont be deceived, its not a rock band and in terms of rock, it is boring.....