the A# chord

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by sitara123, Dec 14, 2006.

1. sitara123

sitara123 New Member

I'm learning to play this song with an A# chord. Is the A# chord puting your index finger on the 6th fret and the other two fingers on the 8th fret on G and D string? thanks

2. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

Its called Bb (pronounced as "B flat") - 1st position is barring the 2nd fret while holding strings 2,3, & 4 on the 3rd fret - thts one fret bar position before the regulation B Major chord

3. sitara123

sitara123 New Member

4. geniusoid

Yeah thts the 2nd position.... Hope u know how to play A Major the 2nd position.... Bb major in the 2nd position is just the next fret away....ok tht sounds confusing....

U can play the Bb Major in the 2nd position by barring the 6th fret (using ur pointing finger), and then lil & ring fingers on 8th frets of 5th & 4th strings, and middle finger on 7th fret of 3rd string (Bb minor will involve the same things, just tht ur middle finger will press 7th fret of the 2nd string)...

Hope tht helps...

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

6. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Other 3 fingers you mean...the 3rd finger is also use. A and D string are pressed on 8th fret while the G is pressed at 7th fret.

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Why are you correcting the A# to Bb. You know very well that they are same and are used in differently in different context. Lets take a Diatonic B Major Scale. The Major7th note is not Bb rather A#. Even in this context, if you think its Bb, then you need to refer some good books before giving Gyaan to others..

8. geniusoid

I`m doin tht coz i want to.... and u can kiss my ass! Duh! Give me a break dude! Just tryin to help him out with all I know....I`m zilch abt theory but I know wht the reader wants - he aint askin me the usage in some scales...all he asked was abt how to play it - and i think i answered his query....

IF u wanted to help the guy, u`d help him out rather than just blast out at me! Grow up man!

9. sitara123

sitara123 New Member

hey thanks for the help..its much clearer now....bwt i'm a girl!

10. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

chill man..you gave the ryte info just that you forced him to call the A# chord a Bb chord. It's not always Bb..ronnie's ryte here.

No fightin' dudes..peace.

11. geniusoid

Oops! Anyways....dude it is for u frm now on! :grin:

Btw, i got upset coz if ronnie wanted to help he cud have told her the right stuph, instead of just comin to the post and peeing!

Sample post:

geniusoid u got it wrong....blah blah..... Sitara this is how u ...... <links if needed>

Thts wht a Beginner's section if for - for ppl to drop in and chip in if they can!

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

r u????????????????? :grin:

13. ronnieanand

And you should correct when somebody is wrong. Just misleading is beginner is even worse than not helping him out....

14. ronnieanand

15. geniusoid

better, this time..... i mean the helping out part.....u cud have done it before

16. ronnieanand

Good you helped her out. You gave the answer. I didn't anything for that. I just corrected you in that Sharp / Flat thing. But you took in a different way...

17. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

@ronnie and genius
    It was a natural reaction from the both of you to get angry at each other on such an issue. No one's fault.

Glad you guyz chilled out :p

Btw, had forgotten ure name in ma siggy ron.

18. ronnieanand

I saw it now and my name was already there...I didn't notice it before......Thanks anyway.....:beer:

19. geniusoid

no dude...see the fact is tht i know zilch abt theory, and of all i know, i tried to help - i dont even care wht they call it actually coz i am not into theory....a pal (a rookie) once told me abt how it was Bb and not A#, so thts wht i remembered, and hence i used tht term....

The way u put it sounded acerbic and hence i retorted....coz all i was tryin to do was help - i had no intentions of confusing a nOOb...

@the poster - dude hope u got it and are goin ahead with whtever theory u`re into....

@ronnie - sorry for draggin this to this extent - just hate it when someone tries to rub it in tht i know nuthin abt theory, coz it never mattered to me - all i play is by ear and experimentation ;)

@ everyone else - PEACE!

20. ronnieanand

I told you bcos you corrected that thing so confidently. Instead of throwing a tantrum, I expected you to challenge me with facts.....Anyway I didn't take it seriously.......I am a noob but I pay a lot of attention to those theory......