Thanks!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Anchit7, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

Hey guys...after a lot of criticism,speculation,tedious hours on the net and the countless visits to various guitar shops...i finally settled in and bought myself a greg bennett AV3 les paul after my 10th boards on 31st march...The choice was quite contrary to my shortlist of grg170dx,pac012,AV1 and Squier bullet strat.......Thank you all for all the advice that most of you bequeathed upon me...
    cheers....
    Anchit.....

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Congrats for ur purchase.. nice choice

3. gamebore

gamebore New Member

Congrats. Which amp did you buy along with av3?

Keep rock n rolling!!

4. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

aah...now here is the catch...i got a stranger cube22..not one of the best amps..but good enough for a beginner to jam at home...i was bold over by the battery feature of the amp..although was also dissapointed by the fact that theree is no distortion option in it..but at 3k..its a bargain......which brings me to my next research..plz suggest a good,flexible and cheap distortion pedal....

5. flood

flood New Member

it doesn't matter what distortion pedal you're going to buy cause your amp is going to screw it over. big time. terrible decision making, i must say.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

7. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Are the Spider IVs actually any good? AFAIR, IIIs got STRANGELY contrasting views. Some totally swore by them, others bashed them up for being sterile.

I played a IV in Onstage...Decent amp, fair volume, but something decidedly weird about its sound. Reminded me of MIDI, but then again, I'm tone deaf.

OP, return the Stranger ASAP, buy my Marshall instead (and it's for 2k, has distortion, will last you a long while). There's also a decent processor going.
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=44477

8. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

guys...i got d guitar for 15k...which initially was not even my total budget....i couldn't put myself to request my parents for an expensive amp(like d 7k lanley present in d shop)..our club has a good amp 4 onstage..so a performance amp is the least of my worries..i feel its ok to start with......meanwhile plz suggest a cheap,good..od/distortion/metal pedal.....

9. ThinkVoid

ThinkVoid New Member

Congratulations on the purchase!!! Indeed the right decision....In fact, the AV3 is my favourite (i am more into classic rock) among the 4 guitars i own considering the fact that the other three are much more popular and expensive ones....You might want to upgrade the PUPs later on though....

Regarding the amp, even i would suggest the same as suggested by my fellow IGTians...The stranger can't do justice to this beautiful guitar.... Given your budget constraints, you might want to go for a second-hand Marshall or Roland....