Ten year old becomes Microsoft engineer

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Oct 6, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

https://ivory.vnunet.com/images/microsoft/arfa-randhawa/medium.jpg

Arfa Karim Randhawa, aged 10, has become the youngest person to be certified as a Microsoft engineer.

Randhawa passed her Microsoft Certified Professional examinations last year. She met Bill Gates this week and was taken on a tour of Microsoft's Redmond campus.

The 10 year-old, from Faisalabad in Pakistan, asked Gates why children were not allowed to work for Microsoft and was told that they should concentrate on their school studies.

But he explained that Microsoft has an intern programme which would be available to her once she reached high school level.

Randhawa also asked why there are so few women in the company, suggesting that Microsoft should have an equal number of men and women. Gates replied that it is sometimes difficult to get women interested in technology.

After first discovering computers at the age of five Randhawa pestered her father for a PC. She has been accepted into Pakistan's Applied Technologies advanced computer institute.

Randhawa is now a Microsoft Certified Application Developer but plans to become a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, which involves building programs into broader systems for business.

In the longer term she has her sights set on Harvard, or a career at Microsoft

2. shak

shak Harrr!

haha ... thats good .. she wont have any probs passing her it exams i am sure .. by the way ... doesnt microsoft have any educational pre-requisites for their engg. programmes?

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

You can always make an exception.

4. how does that idiot know so much about computers? she looks ugly anyways

5. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

ooooooo
    someone's jealous.. :p:

I think she is brilliant.

6. sure shes awesome!!!
    she :rock:

7. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

hahahahahahah

8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Well...its common here in India & Everywhere....
    Online tests always have that level of bias...

I remember..when i was undergoing MCSE 2003 Track Classes at Jetking... many students used to pay 500extra ie 2500(paper fee)+surplus, so that they would get an tutor besides them while appearing for the exam...
    Result: You pass the exams in single shot!

Thats why the value of these certifications have gone down...as u cramp few available dumps and you get through the certification!

The current most hot & challenging certifications are CCNA & RHCE, where u have Live Problem Solving test during the exam...which cant be cramped from few dumps!

In anycase...i am not underestimating the kid's potential...she must be definitely good :)

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

9. anuragknathan

anuragknathan New Member

Dude i think the girl is pretty cute, and pretty smart, cause i'm aiming for harvard 2

10. shak

shak Harrr!

for god sake leave her physical attributes aside she is a minor!!

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

HEhe ...

u find paedophile lurking around everywhere dude ;)
    cant help it

anyway i feel MCSE is no big feat - anyone who can pass the boards exam can pass the MCSE ...

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

my keyboardist USED 2 work for google..hehe and he's just 14 !

13. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

MCSE and all those things are overrated.......dont get certified.....get a goddamn degree!!!!!!
    Advantages:
    1. You have a degree
    2. You get to go to college
    3. Companies will probably wanna hire you more than those other blokes with certificates.
    4. You wont be part of yet another "in thing"
    5. You'll pay tuition towards a meaningful education
    6. You wont have a "logo" on your degree........rather you'll have a "seal"......"seals" are cooler

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

WOW...a 10 yr old gal?? cool.......i hope she is present in this years amazing kidz award show!

15. she wudnt wana no tht we're talking bout her in this thread :p

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

@lavina - are you jealous??......coz we can see it in your posts!:p: