Tech21 Sansamp GT2 vs Tri-AC

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by alpha1, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

umm
    I actually found that the Roland has better disrtortion quality. About clean tones, a Fender Amp is amazing for clean tones , Marshalls are also descent .
    I did check out the overdrive of the Marshall ( along with the Roland ), didnt like it much . I feel that the Low end Marshall are way overpriced and sometimes over-rated too. But I do agree that the JCM 800 is amazing

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I had the same idea till I really played around with both of them. Roland is so boxy sounding. Marshall has a pretty large sound to it. Amazing sensitivity and transparency. I dont know what are you looking at in a distortion.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Posted by me somewhere earlier:

I dunno about Roland overdrive, but I didnt mind the Marshall overdrive, as long as U use it like overdrive. The moment you use it like a distortion, whack! U realise that analog circuits can also sound crappy :p

4. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Will runnin the tri AC in front of a marshall amp end up colourin the tone too much?

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah I guess it will.

But then, barring hi-fi music system or computer speakers, anything will add color to the tone.
    Marshall, Stranger or anything.

+ the Cabinet/Speaker too will affect the tone.
    Guess we shouldnt worry ourself to death on this.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

What if you use it through a keyboard amp?

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Keyboard amps are designed to be transparent in sound, so yeah, that should work
    Incidentally, if you want a tube amp that is completely transparent, Atomic Amps makes one specifically for modellers that they claim doesnt colour the sound. A trifle pricey, though..$600 for the 112.

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I've heard about the atomic reactor amp but thats out of my budget.. Any suggestions on which Keyboard amp??

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Crap....... Marshall MD15CD has a s.exy Pro sounding Overdrive. Beats my BD2 and AMT hollow.

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I saw a 60W Laney in Furtado's for 12k..120W for 18k.
    Roland is very good too of course...and Behringer is VFM from what I've heard.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I got a mail fomr Bajaao d00ds.
    They are asking for Rs 11,500.
    :annoyed:
    Aint it tooooo steep a price?

Doubleclick fellow where are you?
    I have a half mind now to go back to AMT FatalTube or California Distortion.

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Actually Rs 11500/- is quite good (did u ask them abt buyin 2 at once?). The Tri AC retails at $225 (convert ton Rs and its almmst the same). Unless u have someone abroad who can get it for you, I dont think u can get it for less.

Srry bout disappearin fer a while, i'm gonna be tied up till feb 2nd goddamn exams :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Good luck for your exams.

:cry1: :cry2:
    Govt of India Suxxx!

This outrageous price is because of customs duty.
    As if ther is somethign even remotely similar being produced indegenously.

:mad:

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

+1000

and I screwed up chem :mad: :mad: :mad: .....srry just a lil pissed of at everyone rite now................(......stares bankly at the screen for a while........then decides to go listen to BB King...)

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    For BBKing stuff you dont need Tech21.

You need Boss-BD2 (Blues Driver), get it modded from Keely and it will sound even better.

16. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I listen to the blues.....I rarely play the blues.

I'm more into rock :rock: . Besides, I need something that can handle a variety of different styles. And the tri AC can do a pretty decent bluesy sound judgin from the sound samples

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

For rock n "power"-blues you can take AMT Fatal tube.
    That is more cost effective too.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oops.
    Double click ho gaya.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I am taking TriAC coz i want something that can do metal rock and blues.
    But the biggest advantage is 3 channels.

On cleanish, one rhythm, one leads. Thats all needed.
    Infact am plannig to go for following setup:

Tulsi Guitar ---> (Wah) ---> Tri AC ---> (chorus/flange) ---> delay ---> clean amp/speaker
    () Entries denote optional equipment.

Thats it, as simple as that.

20. Double Click

Double Click New Member

yep, the 3 channels are pretty useful. Incidently, i have a pretty similar setup in mind.

Schecter Damien FR ---> wah -->Tri AC --> chorus --> amp (Power Engine 60?)