TC G Force vs G Major

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Jan 16, 2006.

1. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

OK which one makes more sense?
    Buying the G System or buying a G Force with a Rocktron All Access?
    The price for both combos is roughly the same.
    Are there any inherent advantages in the newer system in effect number or quality, effects routability and so on? Very obvious plus of the G-System-looks amazingly cool! ;)

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have heard the G Major clean effects are not outstanding but I has some wierd stuffs which you can experiment. Moreoever I heard that the effects sound thin and there's a bit of colouration of tone. G Force. What else can be said. It's pretty common to use G Force and then use a Rocktron Chameleon or Rocktron Gainiac for Distortion. G Force is surely expensive but I am sure it can do better things in a better way than G Major. Dude for Clean Effects how about looking at Lexicon PCM series. For a slightly lower budget look at Lexicon MPX550. My suggestion would be

Lexicon MPX550 (Clean Effects)
    Marshall JMP1 (Distortion)

3. abhijitnath

Arre I didnt ask for difference between G Major and G-Force...there is a big difference in quality and price between those two. The G-System is the latest processor by TC..its a combo of rack and footpedal.
    https://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=6060
    I've used a Lexicon..fantastic delays and reverbs.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

No Idea.

Hey Abhi where did ya get chance to lay your .... "hands/feet" on the rack?

5. abhijitnath

The Lexicon? My first guitar instructor (Edwin Fernandes in Delhi) had one in his room.
    BTW I apologise Ronnie...I just noticed that my subject thread said G Force vs G Major whereas the subject matter is G-System vs G Major. Oops!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*heart smouldering*
    *turning to ashes*

I.NV.U

7. abhijitnath

Why the envy? Because I used to learn from him or because he had a Lexicon?:)

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Everything.

:cry1:

9. ronnieanand

I have played this Rocktron Intelliflex, Alesis Quadraverb and Alesis Midiverb. Seriously I didn;t like them at all. The reverbs were good but that's it. All the other effects were very substandard. None of those chorus matches the Maxon CS9 Pro Chorus.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

This thread is scary

11. ronnieanand

Dont say that. Mr.Scary will think that the thread is for him and will be seriously confused.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Isnt soulscape the d00d who has experience with racks?

13. ronnieanand

He is the god of racks. For the uninformed, he is a guitar god here :nw: :nw: in par with a lot many world class players.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:think:
    Who is he?

I mean his name etc

15. abhijitnath

Why is it scary?
    And yeah..soulscape has a synth guitar rig also...I remember him posting the diagram when I posted saying that I'm interested in it:)