Tabs - Illegal

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, May 18, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am sure you guys must have noticed that www.mysongbook.com is no more offering guitar pro tabs due to copyright notice. Though it's a bit sad, it's also good in a way that we have to start working out with our ears...Any views...

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think it's lame. People who want to get ahead with their music shall do it anyway....tabs or no tabs, they'll put in that extra effort to use their ears and brain. There are a lot of people though who'd just play the guitar to strum along to their voice and for people like them, tabs have always been convenient.

I think the ban is applicable only on all American sites...sites like tabcrawler which are on Canadian servers are getting on fine.

Powertabs and GP tabs are still available at Ultimate Guitar I think.

3. skorpion

skorpion b@cKbEncHeR

rightly said BJR ........ however ppl who are self taught initially do require tabs to get a hang of the fret board

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

ultimate-guitar still allows u to download gpro format songs

5. cronix

cronix New Member

^ya i know... its awesome and helps a lot in learning and playing along helps a lot

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Tabs are never wrong unless you play only tabs and dont know anything else...

7. urban_slacker

urban_slacker New Member

Yeah Andy ur right i used to tak no efforts 2 use my ears n (brain!!), but after this ban i started to tab myself n tel u though it is time consuming if feels great and sometimes i accidently mak my own licks they sound gud enough...

8. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

ug is based in russia and the americans hav given them a warning saying that if u download tabs from ug ur downloading communism.
    dat sux
    ps:ug=ultimate guitar

9. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

initially i used to take chords from ultimate-guitar.com and indianguitartabs.com ...

but now i post my chords there ... n get REPs @ IGT ... and Ratings @ UG ...

10. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

yeh maybe by next year i'll be good enuff too tab and give chords to a song on my ownnnnnnnnn!

11. Morbid_Angel

@paranoid

Good luck at college brotha :)

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yeah Tabs r a must for the beginer .. as it helps him get a hold of it .... Ive hardly met ppl who play witout having used tabs anytime in their life ... Even bach n mozart wud have used sheet music ....

13. Morbid_Angel

Lol Obviously. Every1 has learned with tabs and sheet music. But u must always try to tab songs on ure own b4 searchin for em.

Chords shud be tried later.......

14. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

how can tabs b illegal??? r v stealin artist music by playin thru tabs??

15. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

sumhow,, becoz whn u are able to play a song like your fav rockstar thn u think hes got nothing that special!!

16. Morbid_Angel

dont agree with their attitude. Any1 can tab their song and play it. So that means they aint special or great ? that sucks

17. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

we should not even sing their lyrics coz that would also be copyng .wouldnt it? when u have published or released something it somehow becomes public property.so nothings illegal bout it

18. Morbid_Angel

Agreed..they cry about anythin theze dayz -_-

19. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

dunno about tabs .
    But software like Guitar Pro 4 really helps people to jam with other instruments and to Try out different Licks / scales or anything like making one's own solo in a song.

20. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

dunno about tabs .
    But software like Guitar Pro 4 really helps people to jam with other instruments and to Try out different Licks / scales or anything like making one's own solo in a song.