Tabs for the song Senthaazham Poovil from Mullum Malarum - IR's Super Hit Song

Discussion in 'Tamil Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by SATHYA167, Nov 17, 2012.

1. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

This is an ever green super hit song from the film Mullum Malarum - a super hit film.

The song is so melodious with a nice blend of carnatic raga and western chords was very popular in those days.

All KJY + IR combination were hit in those peak time.

This song is based on a carnatic raga "Bowli". We had already seen the details of this raga.

You can visit this link, if you are interested..... https://indianguitartabs.com/f20/tab-swaras-film-sankarabharanam-49248.html

We will be playing this song however in E Octave and so please do check these tabs:

E.............4...5...7...8....11...12............E
    B....5...6...........................................B

Watch out this thread for the tabs.... Coming back soon with the tabs.................. Sathya

2. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

waiting eagerly..
    thanks in advance...

3. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Here we go with the tabs.

I searched everywhere to know about the base chord of the song. I could not get any where.

I tried myself with the guitar and got into the following confusion. Requesting help from others for my better understanding.

As per raga, it should be a 'Major' chord. I tried several combinations but to me E Minor was more appealing to start with followed by D Major. Is it that the song is in D Major but starts with E Minor for the sake of progression of the BGM or am I wrong in arriving at this chord shape / interpretation.

I would also like to think in the line of IR's permutation / combination of this Raga & Western notes for my confusion.

Whatever it is, the final delivery is an evergreen hit song.

The tabs are given in E Octave. We do come across a foreign note to the base raga. There is a liberal use of d2 note (which is C# note for us), but yes introduction of this note has added the desired flavour to the song.

Pick, Play and Enjoy . . . . . . . & do post your views. . . . . . . Sathya

Attached Files:

4. pearlmaharajan

pearlmaharajan New Member

thanks a ton nnaa...
    will b able to try tomorrow only :-(

5. sivahar6

sivahar6 New Member

thanks, sathya

it's great, i tried sound perfect

siva

6. SATHYA167

SATHYA167 New Member

Thanks Siva for the feedback. More IR songs are on the way.................. Sathya

7. Ramsk0408

Ramsk0408 New Member

Thanks a ton Sathya... :)