Swades: a brave movie

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya Guys..
    Jus saw the movie last nite..and ur reviews were brilliant..jus the way I tht of it after watching..mebbe my opinion did get coloured after reading ur reviews, but even then..thinkin abt it..you guys couldn't've put it better!!
    Wow..for once, ShahRukh isn't that irritating stammering pig that he usually is..but he just can't help being irritating..dilliwallah jo thehra!!NO offence to the other delhiites, but taht's an opinion formed after interacting with a train load of delhiites..NEhow..the point being..the soundtrack was better than I expected..and the lyrics to the Yeh Taara song..wow!! Kudos to Javed Akhtar sahab..not to mention the brilliant picturisation..
    THat reminds me..did NE of you guys see who the lil kid was in the movie within the movie??They were airing Yaadon Ki Baraat in the village and the little kid in the movie was Aamir...he looked the same even then!!That was a nice sight!!
    Someone's gotta wake up and smell the cow dung man...Gayatri can't dance to please a blind man..or woman for that matter..she was cute tho'..but it ends there..she couldn't cry to save tears either!!
    NEhow..all in all..a pretty nice movie..Melaram was good fun
    Cheerio
    Menon

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

have seen stills of the movie and read some reviews... can someone tell me where does sucha beautiful unpolluted river exist near delhi??

i have seen the video yeh tara woh tara.. near delhi, in villages kids will be like kya taara? woh kya hota hai?

seems like another forumula movie.. like lagaan... where everyone was shouting.. have u noticed the starting go the movie? for the first 15 minutes everyone shouts at the top of their lungs in that movie.. in lagaan only cricket match was good, and thats because india hardly wins in real life.... every thign else was over acting.. the white men were stereotypes.. te umpires were and higher officers acting was laughable.. i dont understand why lagaan got such high reputation the first place..
    munna bhai mbbs with its copied script was much better than lagaan imo

3. Menon

Menon New Member

Jay..you come across as a cynic man..you forget the intricacies involved in makin Lagaan sucha brilliant film..I think every aspect of the game was covered in the movie in dramatic style..from wear and tear of the wicket, to match fixing and modes of dismissal and strategy..beisdes that, Aamir Khan's performance was worth going miles to see..what's more..you oughta realise that these movies aren't made to seem real...they're supposed to paint a rosy picture and leave you feeling good after spending time and money to watch it..if you wanna watch a stark, real film, watch 70mm and try talkin abt it..or for that matter, the lo budget art movies they produce in India..and pls don't compare MBBS with Lagaan..
    Lighten up and enjoy the efforts these ppl put in to bring a little joy in our lives and things to talk abt!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

4. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i enjoyed munna bhai mbbs

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ skaw , the movie is not meant for NRI's like you ( Non Returning Indians ) .... lol :p:

@ jayswami - chill and watch the movie , it will make you remember your childhood , if you ve spent in india .

@ menon , nice review , gayatri is a good actoress , he did well ... atleast acted better then kareena ( the hot fav ) ...

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:shock: That's it, tickets booked for tomorrow, please dont torture me anymore:p:
    @skaw, dude that's the whole message bro, and bobby said it, Non returning indians, LOL:) It's all about a higher calling skaw, one that's above money, position or Nasa(can anything be above nasa:p:?) and i doubt if anyone of us is even half as idealistic to attempt something like that.

7. skaw

skaw snooze

@ dist ... exactly ! they shuldve made it a lil near reality ... n i do get the message :eek:: its just that its too much to expect from sum1 , if sum1 does sumthing like this , it ll be all over the news then .. i mean its nasa buddy .. u living in 'ishtyle' ...

@ bobby .. lol i luved that line .. i crack up so hard on it , n they way she said it :) i wana hear it again ... "NRI - Non Returning Indian" lolz .. its so funni (u all better be laughing too)

8. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@skaw....imagine u have the highest paying job in the world...u live in USA...where something like a old hug frm anyone u cared is as rare as finding water in sahara desert....as they say only a thristy man knows the value of water...u miss ur parents, u miss ur land....i agree wid u dats its very hard to leave a big name and reside somewhere which no one has ever heard before....but its not fictional...i.e its not impossible...if u get lot of respect, love and caring....its irresistable.

9. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

^^^^^^^^^^^ you watch too much of movie , dont ya ... lol

skaw , which village in india do u come from :p: maybe some gayatri is waiting for you there ;)

10. fictional_real

@bobby......4 new movies every month......

in december....i watched
    1)Hulchul
    2)musafir
    3)ocean's 12
    4)****Swades*****

me and my pals are crazy...all we do is either booze or go for a movie....this week ...it Alexander!!!!

or may be i do be boozing and dancing in some pub!

in my village....i am sure i wont find like gayatri....all ghaati chicks! :p:

11. skaw

skaw snooze

@ bobby , i aint from india , n in pakistan i dont have a village :( where will i find my gayatri :p: ..

@ fic real ... i didnt say its impossible , cuz c nothing is impossible ... luk at genius book of world record ... lol ... but i just meant to say , that if it happen it ll be known world wide n it ll be counted as a bla bla legendary bla bla thing .. u noe ... so ye .. it can happen but its veryunlikely to happen

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Hey still now I couldn't watch the movie. I wanna watch it.....

13. fictional_real

@hmm....i get wat u r saying and come to india if u want any gayatri :p:....

@bobby...u r always talking abt some chicks...seems like some one is desperate to get married :p: :p:

@sanjay...wat are you doing....go watch the movie man.

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

that reminds me of a PJ,
    what did the english dairy farmer who just learnt hindi name his 3rd cow?

gaithri .. gai 1 gai 2 gai 3 .. get it?

yea i know its a bad one :p:

J

15. Sanjay Mazumder

^^^^^^Everything is bad and everything is good.
    ^^^^^^And everything depends on your mood.

How's the poem?

16. Sanjay Mazumder

@fictional real, Let my exams be over, I'm gonna watch it 4 times.

17. fictional_real

^^i dunno how u'll find it....as reviews say there were mixed reactions...all over. u might like it...if u know and felt wat we were talking in this thread.

18. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

still haven't seen it...........

19. Sanjay Mazumder

Yeah, today my friends were watching the movie but I didn't go with them..... Let 18th come.........

20. fictional_real

hey guys, i just came to know...dat this movie was inspired by an incidence where two engineers helped villagers by constructing a dam in their village in maharashtra.