SUICIDES of ssc,hsc students.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhimanjrekar, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ah swell, here we have a fiercly patriotic d00d, who will even refuse to believe that India was a colony of Britain, and Indians were slaves in their OWN country.
    ROTFLMAO.

Can you believe that??
    Slave in you own country?

And to tell you the truth, it holds tr00 even now.
    Scorp buddy temme where do you live?

I can make out that you dont live in India. (No not from the "location" tag. That I just read now.)

Oh now I see. This intense blind patriotism in understandable.

2. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

I know man all the NRI rant...heard it a lot of times....so i am an NRI!!

But as they say..u know the true value of things only when u have lost them....

but in my case i have lived there long enough and in various cities.. to know INdia inside out..

rest u can assume wht u like man...i cant have any say on tht :beer:

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

in the world war II, the british won.....but in wars, there are no winners....britain lost a lot of itz power due to the war....this was certainly a reason for their leaving india....BUT NOT THE ONLY REASON.....the national movement was on full swing.....people knew that it was just a matter of time before india won independence...there were protest movements and no co-operation with the british whatsoever.....
    the world war 2 led to the formation of the United Nations.....to prevent another world war.....there was a lot of pressure on the colonial masters from the UN......that is why almost all the countries won independence at the same time....another reason was, as ankur said, the countries were inspired from the indian national movement....
    but when india won indpendence......i dont think the UN had any role in it....this is because UN had just started....UN started in 1945 and india won independence almost at the same time....1947....
    let me add another thing.....during the world war 2.....the british asked for indian support.....but the indians showed resistance and gave no support whatsoever....if the britishers were "powerful enough to break the indian resistance to pieces....i think they could have forced indian to the war..

4. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

what i think is

U ALL R GOING WAAAAAAAAAAAY OFFTOPIC
    continue its really interesting to read sooo many different views>:beer:

Now my views

indians were ruled over by sooo many different clans.
    did we the original inhabitants,ever try and take over another larger part??

we were ruled over for two hundered years and would have continued if the indians didn't wake up(thats cowardice)

all the major brands get their work done from south eat asian countres like india ,china ,vietnam(my converse b.ball shoes ) and indonesia etc.

why???
    cause we are extrememly well at working FOR others. labour is the cheapest in theese countries.meaning--come here pay us a small amount and we'el do all the stuff for u attitude.

Sabeer Bhatia opened hotmail.indian doing something extremely awsome
    but microsoft bought it over and now it is the biggest e-mail service provider

people don even know that it was an indian who opened it.they think its microsoft.

now comming to the indipendence thing

if the whole world was taking note of every movement in india
    we would have got indipendence some time before that.

Face it
    the europeans couldn't do without trading wid india and surrounding countries
    their econonmy depended on it. they needed us badly .thats why the race to find new ways to get to india,the intellectual growth boomed in europe
    thats why u have a computer.

if ancient indians were wayyy ahead of their time.if aryabhat concepted 0 and decimals and advanced mathematics,the arabs stole it form us.we didn't have the guts to boast that we are far better then u guys

even in the magnifecent age
    we were not interested in the mechanincal clock or weapons or new learning
    we actually allowed ourselves to be taken over.(we never were interested in navy so the british took advantage and enterd their troops through our rivers
    cause land was too risky)

we were in the race to see who got the best of the british. they took advantage of our peace loving atmosphere and took over.

it was only after a long time that we finnaly woke up and summed up courage.
    if we had done that in the fisrst place we woud have been indipendent.

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

^^but if the british didn't take over we wouldn't have railways good roads and cars:)

6. uj_6string

getting back on topic-
    india today has SO MUCH OF UNEMPLOYMENT!!!
    let me tell you why.....
    we are not giving importance to the other fields.....that is the reason for unemployment....
    some days back....there was an article in the newspaper that nowadays.....so many engineers are being produced that they are ready to work at extremely less wages....
    if other fields are developed...like music art and all....no unemployment problem will be there....

7. uj_6string

^^^for this...the perspective of the society needs to be changed....

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom "Let it be".

9. uj_6string

and when i find myself in times of trouble.....i say...BRING IT ON!!!!:dance:

10. zing

zing Machine Head

not true - v r not fools to agree to work for small amounts
    its bcos of the value of our currency when converted into dollars & pounds

in a typical "winner takes all" move, thes 2 currencies were artificially pegged at much higher rates than their actual value after world war II - supposedly to benefit the war torn economies in europe - how generous

dollars continue to dominate the world economy inspite of america bein deeply in debt - how it works is like this
    1. every country needs oil
    2. arab countries got most of the oil
    3. any country can buy oil frm arabs [OPEC] but must pay in dollars only - this is a rule made by guess who? americans of course
    4. to get the dollars to buy oil, all countries hav to sell stuff to america at wotever price america dictates
    n all america has to do is print a few more notes - since dollar is not linked to gold reserves its no better than scraps of paper or "monopoly" money - yet evry country cant liv without it

smart no?

ther r only two problems wit this
    1. if the oil gets over, which it will sooner or later
    2. if any country decides to break the rule & buy/sell oil using sum other currency like say euros...

but then wht happens is this ..
    https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=94405&sid=1fae975881a786c08262b68d6c0b8e87
    so v r not working for small amounts but jus riding the american bubble - which sooner or later is gonna burst - when tht happens all those fancy IT job salaries & thos IIM packages r gonna head way down south

as america funds the most research work, its ridiculous tht so little effort is made towards solvin th real problem - oil shortage & development of alternative energy - wit the bush family firmly rooted in oil business dont expect a solution from america...

as usual the chinese got it rite again - their alternative energy is way ahead of others - any country tht doesnt have such solutions like wind, solar, organic waste energy etc is gonna b in big trouble when the bubble bursts

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hardkore... :shock:

12. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ok this is my take on it ..

whoever thinks that freedom was just becoz of the world war2 n stuff and not because of our freedom struggle deserves a good dose of golden showers and then get kicked out of India forever.

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Haha, after seeing all the independance related posts: I'll stay quiet to see where the epitome of one track mindedness is. Uj_string did make some good points but it ends there. I'll just have to wait more.

*shs spaces out :beerbob: *

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

nemo: nice point made,
    you retarded overzealous patriot.

Nice points made. But regarding the american currency bit, I beg to differ. None of the currencies in this world are linked by any way to the Gold reserves etc.
    The amount of currency printed is related to the NDP (or NNP - dont remember which one) of the country.
    The country which decides to print more than its NNP does the budget deficit. And thus cause inflation.

There is no connection to the amount of gold or any such precious metal.

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Besides, It is France not china that has the least contribution of oil towards its source of power.

Nuclear energy holds 45% (or 50%, again dont remember the exact figure) of the total power generated in France.

Wind, solar etc sources are just good @ very small scale. Not practical for large scale.
    I know that bit coz we had a course on renewable energy sources and a term paper on it. Some guys did on wind, some on solar etc.

Two conslusions came out:
    1. Nuke is goign to be the most eceonomically viable in future
    2. Among renewable, only hydroelectric has capabiltiies of becomeing a large and concentrated source.

16. uj_6string

my view points exactly!!!!!
    :nw::nw::nw:

17. uj_6string

OH MY GOD!!!45-50%
    thatz huge!!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

18. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^^ If you mean electricity, its about 80%, 76 to be precise.

Austria gets about 70% from just hydro electricity. etc...etc.....

19. uj_6string

quite shocking information, i must say:shock:, but why does america get to decide the currency?!, that is damn unfair...USA is a superpower, but it dose not mean that it will dicate the other countries....
    there should be a council to decide such stuff, consisting of all the countries of the world.....then it will be fair....

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What is there to "Oh My God"?
    85% of India's electricity comes from coal and gas. (Green Peas are against fossil fuel)

Can you beat that?
    Approx 10% from Hydorelectric (Green Ponce are against dams)

Nuke is ruffly 2%. (Green Pees are against anything nuclear)

Dunno about the rest :grin: (Green Peace will be against that also am sure)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.